Les To KU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 13, 2007
Kansas is known mostly for basketball but I think the potential is there. Just need some leadership.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Magino proved you can win there. It will be interesting to see what Les can do and how much time they will give him.
Well yes & no. He got to play 5 games against north teams (that included a down Colorado & down Nebraska) & only 3 from the south.
The 9 game schedule now is more difficult than it was for North teams back in those days.

I do think their timing is good with this. 'Ol man Snyder's not gonna be around much longer & from you hear out of Manhattan, they may have a Sutton situation on their hands there. I'd also be surprised if Iowa State's able to hold onto Campbell much longer.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Well yes & no. He got to play 5 games against north teams (that included a down Colorado & down Nebraska) & only 3 from the south.
The 9 game schedule now is more difficult than it was for North teams back in those days.

I do think their timing is good with this. 'Ol man Snyder's not gonna be around much longer & from you hear out of Manhattan, they may have a Sutton situation on their hands there. I'd also be surprised if Iowa State's able to hold onto Campbell much longer.
Well, yes. What other Kansas big 12 coach before him accomplished anything?

Oct 7, 2012
Man, I’m not sure if Les is the right guy to bring in if the NCAA is already in your grill over the Adidas/b-ball fallout.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Glen Mason went 10-2 there in '95, put up 4 winning seasons before he left for Minnesota.

Guess you're right, tho. Les will probably win the North in his first season or two.
He had four winning seasons as a big 12 coach? I did not know that. Obviously he was Will Griers’ dad and a phenomenal coach. Thanks for the fake news.