1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Link to New baylor Stadium site - Pretty Nice!!!

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by 65POKE, Jun 12, 2012.

1. WordUpBU

WordUpBU Wrangler

Honestly I hope that BU, OSU, TCU, and Tech are all annually in the top 25 and each matchup is nationally relevant that way going forward. Obviously I want BU to win but having a core of regionally strong teams other than the big UT and OU brands is very valuable to our league.

Either way it is nice to finally have admin that get how things need to be supported and quality coaches to get us there. Hopefully our run of success continues. I feel football, MBB, and WBB are all positioned well with coaches and recruiting success to get us there.

OSU has done a great job with their football program. I really liked the Bill Young hire and the Dana hire before it. Each fixed what was causing OSU problems at the time.

Celldweller7 likes this.
  2. WordUpBU

WordUpBU Wrangler

What? The University of Almost in New Mexico is too far? ;)

3. StillwaterMan

StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises A/V Subscriber

Ours with TT (In football) is stronger than all others (other than OU).

Celldweller7 likes this.
  4. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

WordUpBU

You seem like a very level-headed fan. So I ask you why do your fans feel the need to denigrate OSU academics? It seems like everytime I posted on Baylorfans that kind of crap happened.

5. ATXCowboy

ATXCowboy Like a Boss A/V Subscriber

I disagree ...although I do live in Austin. I think our rivalry with Texas and Aggie (not anymore) are just as strong.

6. StillwaterMan

Nope. We have beat Texas twice in two years and I think they are starting to recognize us now. But we are just two years removed from a decade long slug fest with TT, where it was win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss. Many of those were epic games. And lets face it, the fanbasses hate each other. Do OSU fans hate Texas....some do....but in reality most of us dont, and in fact we kind of enjoy each other mutual disrespect for OU.

7. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

Well said. Impressive sir.

8. WordUpBU

WordUpBU Wrangler

Honestly I feel like both fanbases get in petty arguments. I posted over here and a lot of anti-BU stuff was spewed. I think the bad apples on each side rile things up and it kinda perpetuates. Hopefully that changes. I do remember a good portion of the OSU fans who went over there kinda trolled more than talked sports. There were exceptions of course but enough trolls to simply give off the perception.

Frankly I just want to talk sports.

9. StillwaterMan

Reality is we (OSU) have a big damn advantage right now with the facilities. With BU, TT, KSU and others also improving, it makes us fans a bit nervous that that advantage may dwindle in the future. Good thing for us is that the gains that other schools will make will not match what we currently have. That sounds a bit cocky but it is what it is as we have put almost 350 million on top of an existing facility which now sits as world class. Needles to say however, any news of others gaining ground sucks from a competative standpoint. Having said all that, it appears that BU has the intentions of putting thier foot down and finally becoming serious about the sport.

10. Jellis40

Jellis40 Wrangler

you are correct. . . .meh, still Baylor.