Lots Of Coaching Changes in the NCAA

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
First of all, let me get this disclaimer out front and center: I am NOT advocating a coaching change at OSU.

As much as I am still angry at the lousy job Gundy did this year, I am NOT calling for his head. Merely wondering how the number of headcoaches that lost jobs and their associate coaches may be picked up at OSU to help us out since we so desperately need it in a few areas.

One thing I am making clear (if many are unaware of this not so subtle nuance) is that many schools are a lot more demanding of their programs' success than we are apparently and will do whatever it takes to feed the 800 pound gorilla that brings in so much money into the university coffers, which in kind supports so many of said university's athletics other than football.

This list is not complete as probably more heads will roll after the ending of the season, and feel free to add your own list to this one.
Bobby Petrino (Louisville) -- once held in high esteem at Arkansas and other places, Petrino (and Louisville basketball as well) didn't have the kind of success Louisville wants, so he gets the axe.

MacIntyre (Colorado) -- CU thought they were back, even after we beotch-slapped them in our bowl game. Mac is gone and the Buffaloes owe him muchos.

Fedora (UNC) -- We know Larry and we used to like Larry. I wonder if Larry would consider coming back (if he were offered) to help with our game day, OC preparation?

Kingsbury (TT) -- Of course, KK would be taking a step down and the Tortilla Tossers would be taking credit for their inventing the modern, Big 12 offense (and KK) if he were to be available in some capacity.

This is just a few of the coaching changes, but I'm wondering if there are assistant coaches on any of those programs that we could entice to help us get to the next level.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
All of those programs would LOVE the consistency that Gundy has brought out program. 6 10+ won seasons in a decade. Hell, Michigan and Nebraska would love that kind of consistency at this point. So would Texas.

But yes. We aren't demanding enough.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Is Snyder going to retire and ya'll go after Venables or what?
Who the hell knows? My concern is that until a decision is made, who is recruiting or did everyone take a holiday until it is determined they have jobs? What other sports program takes an annual sabbatical until it is decided if the coach is returning for another season?

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
First of all, let me get this disclaimer out front and center: I am NOT advocating a coaching change at OSU.

As much as I am still angry at the lousy job Gundy did this year, I am NOT calling for his head. Merely wondering how the number of headcoaches that lost jobs and their associate coaches may be picked up at OSU to help us out since we so desperately need it in a few areas.

One thing I am making clear (if many are unaware of this not so subtle nuance) is that many schools are a lot more demanding of their programs' success than we are apparently and will do whatever it takes to feed the 800 pound gorilla that brings in so much money into the university coffers, which in kind supports so many of said university's athletics other than football.

This list is not complete as probably more heads will roll after the ending of the season, and feel free to add your own list to this one.
Bobby Petrino (Louisville) -- once held in high esteem at Arkansas and other places, Petrino (and Louisville basketball as well) didn't have the kind of success Louisville wants, so he gets the axe.

MacIntyre (Colorado) -- CU thought they were back, even after we beotch-slapped them in our bowl game. Mac is gone and the Buffaloes owe him muchos.

Fedora (UNC) -- We know Larry and we used to like Larry. I wonder if Larry would consider coming back (if he were offered) to help with our game day, OC preparation?

Kingsbury (TT) -- Of course, KK would be taking a step down and the Tortilla Tossers would be taking credit for their inventing the modern, Big 12 offense (and KK) if he were to be available in some capacity.

This is just a few of the coaching changes, but I'm wondering if there are assistant coaches on any of those programs that we could entice to help us get to the next level.

Add Jake Spavital to Texas State

Aug 16, 2012
Add Jake Spavital to Texas State
That one caught me off-guard. TSU seems a long way down the coaching ladder to leave a P5 school and I figured if Spavital left, it would be for a much more prominent program. Frankly, I do not see how TSU is going to maintain FBS status for much longer. Maybe Paul Blake has another redshirt year and Lucy Draper will start kicking again.
il_570xN.1294298456_qb2k.jpg

Apr 13, 2007
Texas State has the potential. I think they have made a series of poor hires and now it seems like a failed program.

It is in a beautiful location, is full of really pretty girls, and has a huge student body. They should be better than they are. I suppose Texas is a good recruiting location too.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa

Some of us are still angry at the lousy fan job YOU did this year, too.