1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Manny Pacquiao's dad eats dogs and Lyoto Machida drinks his own piss?

Discussion in 'Non-OSU Sports Discussion' started by Epperley28, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Epperley28

A/V Subscriber Epperley28 Cowboy

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2009/03/fighters-are-totally-normal-people

Noted light-welterweight Manny Pacquiao (left) is actually the 40th richest man in the Phillipines, and yet shares an apartment in LA with 15 other people. But perhaps the most unusual slice of info about the guy who’ll fight Ricky Hatton in May concerns how he got into the fight game: he ran away from home after watching his father eat the family dog. MAKE A FEEL-GOOD MOVIE OUT OF THAT, DISNEY! From News of the World, via GameOn:

Ricky Hatton’s next opponent suffered a horrific childhood and ran away from home after his father Rosalio snatched the youngster’s pooch, fried it and then ate it in front of the traumatised child.

It prompted the 14-year-old Filipino to run away from his home in General Santos City, stow away on board a ship bound for Manila, and then sleep in a cardboard box in a crime-ridden slum and sell doughnuts for a penny just to survive.

But even Pacquiao’s story isn’t nearly as tasty as this: Cage Potato came out with this gem about Brazilian mixed martial artist Lyoto Machida and his choice of sports drink–his own. And I thought purple Powerade was gross:

Besides telling all his preparation routine, the undefeated fighter revealed a curious tradition in his family, a secret until then: urine therapy. Once in the day, he and his family drinks their own urine. “My father does that for a long time and bring it to us. People think it’s a joke (laughs). I never said it in the United States because I don’t know how the fans will react (laughs). I drink my urine every morning like a natural medicine”, revealed the fighter.

That must have been quite a family dinner night. I wonder if the kids were allowed to drink from the “carton.” …What? It’s totally cool, as long as you don’t put your lips on it.
  2. SUPERMAN

SUPERMAN Wrangler

TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE, PLEASE?! Regardless of cultures that just isnt sanitary or healthy. Good God. I feel sick just reading that. I mean, What the hell? The only people I know who have drank piss were either mentally retarded or had to do it to survive b/c they were a POW in Vietnam or WWII. Its BODY WASTE!! You're trying to get rid of it. Geez.
  3. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Cowboy

Not so fast my friend... Would you like that warm or on the rocks?
    http://www.heartlandhealing.com/pages/archive/urine_therapy/index.html

4. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

5. NYC Poke

A/V Subscriber NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica

Um, so you have to drink it fresh from the "spigot"?
  6. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Cowboy

I'm more from the Moises Alou school of thought... Saves time too...

7. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

If you've ever watched the show man vs wild, Bear Grylls HAS sipped his own piss when in dire dehydration situations. It's kinda like who'd have thought that eating boogers was healthy until MIzzou's QB did it on national tv. :eek:
  8. GoSTATE

GoSTATE Cowboy

:x:x:x:x:x:x
  9. OSUfreak82

A/V Subscriber OSUfreak82 Cowboy

He has also pissed on a shirt and wrapped it around his head to keep cool
  10. SUPERMAN

SUPERMAN Wrangler

All while having 5 cameracrew members eating sandwiches and drinking Coke's while filming him pretending to be close to death. He is quite the trooper. Survivorman was far more realistic.
  11. OSUfreak82

A/V Subscriber OSUfreak82 Cowboy

But it is like watching The Blair Witch Project... I get motion sickness trying to watch his show.

Im sure climbing up and down a heavy flowing waterfall with no rope is very easy because he has a camera crew there!
  12. cowboyinexile

A/V Subscriber cowboyinexile EXTERMINATE!!!