MBB-All you need to know

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
I'm a big Mike Boynton fan and am still excited about the future of the program but this is all you need to know.

Assist per Game - Rank 283
Offensive Rebounds per Game - Rank 148
Field Goal Percentage - Rank 270

Summary= we dribble around the perimeter looking for an open 3, then when the shot clock is around 10 we get desperate and jack up a bad 3. There is no one in the paint so no offensive rebounds and second chance points so your FGP is 270.

We have to start moving the ball and getting in the paint-that is when we are good. We can still turn it around.

Mar 20, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Man, we just suck in the face of expectations. 5 returning starters, and a bunch of great recruits coming in (on paper). We can't shoot, bottom line. Even on our home court. 1 for 20 on 3s. Low scoring, so the D looked good, I guess. Can't shoot. Work on shooting, and that includes free throws. Abysmal...

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I'm a big Mike Boynton fan and am still excited about the future of the program but this is all you need to know.

Summary= we dribble around the perimeter looking for an open 3, then when the shot clock is around 10 we get desperate and jack up a bad 3. There is no one in the paint so no offensive rebounds and second chance points so your FGP is 270.

We have to start moving the ball and getting in the paint-that is when we are good. We can still turn it around.
I think Travis Ford and his teams were described that way.

Aug 31, 2013

I think Travis Ford and his teams were described that way.
That’s exactly what Travis Fords teams were. I remember saying the same thing. They don’t move the ball they just dribble and handoff. You don’t need super stars to have an offense that moves the ball and cuts and screens, but you do have to have a coach that can implement that offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010

You forgot 320th in 3 point %. Dribbling around and jacking up 3's isn't working. Time for plan B...run an actual offense.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2005
This is not going to be a popular opinion. Travis Ford was better at creating ways to get us our guys to score points based off their strengths. The other coaches in this league stifle his offensive sets. It’s frustrating.

Nov 18, 2011
This team WILL turn it around. We probably still won't make the tourney, but we will turn it around.
They will win some games down the stretch, I’m sure, but that has been the trend. Backing ourselves into a corner to start conference, win a few at the end to give optimism for next year. Rinse, repeat...

Feb 18, 2009
Man, we just suck in the face of expectations. 5 returning starters, and a bunch of great recruits coming in (on paper). We can't shoot, bottom line. Even on our home court. 1 for 20 on 3s. Low scoring, so the D looked good, I guess. Can't shoot. Work on shooting, and that includes free throws. Abysmal...
The returning starters are terrible as a group on the floor. They won 21 out of their last 46 games together. Why did people think their return was a positive? Arguable that our starters would struggle to start for any other conference team. Definitely not for the top half of the league.

Bad times in the program.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Senioritis. They don’t care anymore.
If that’s true, then why are they playing? And even more concerning, if you’re correct, why is our HC complimenting their leadership after every single game?

And remember this is a coach, that if I’m not mistaken, you are defending in another thread. You can’t have such an aggressive accusation of the seniors along with a positive opinion of a coach who does nothing but gush over them, never yells at them, and plays them 37 minutes even when they don’t score a single point. Not trying to be a jerk, but it’s true.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
If that’s true, then why are they playing? And even more concerning, if you’re correct, why is our HC complimenting their leadership after every single game?

And remember this is a coach, that if I’m not mistaken, you are defending in another thread. You can’t have such an aggressive accusation of the seniors along with a positive opinion of a coach who does nothing but gush over them, never yells at them, and plays them 37 minutes even when they don’t score a single point. Not trying to be a jerk, but it’s true.
It is a developing attitude, imho, that needs to be addressed quickly. I hope the coach does it. As far as what he says in public and what he says to the players in practice, I expect those to be a little different.