MBB: Cowboys DOMINATES Texas 81-59 FINAL BIG 12 RANKINGS. Pokes face the Cyclones in Tournament on WEDNESDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Wow didn’t expect a win...this is a great surprise! Good job Pokes! Way to close our regular season... sad that Ice was out so king or we would be middle of the pac in conference and a lock for the ncaa. Let’s just go win the tourney and make it anyway!!

Dec 7, 2006
https://imgur.com/a/Gwb7lyj
Playing Kansas in the second round is a tough draw. But if they want to make the Dance short of winning it all (which is near impossible playing four games in four days), then wins over Iowa State, Kansas, and Tech/Texas would get them to 19 wins overall, 10 in conference, and put them in bubble consideration.

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
Glad to see the Boys finish Strong. All in all a tough season ,especially for the seniors. Season started so promising, top 25 ranking, Ice goes down and we went into a tailspin. But, they didn’t quit and they can be proud of that. Absolutely nothing to lose in KC, go up there and play lights out. If we end up in the NIT, what the hell, go win it!

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Can someone that knows more than I do explain to me how if you go compare Oklahoma state and Texas Tech resume how Tech is a lock the make the tournament as a 9 seed and Oklahoma state is not even mentioned. Oklahoma state has a better RPI and Better SOS and more Quad 2 and 3 wins. Tech has the better record by 1 game and has 1 more Quad 1 win. I must be missing something.

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Can someone that knows more than I do explain to me how if you go compare Oklahoma state and Texas Tech resume how Tech is a lock the make the tournament as a 9 seed and Oklahoma state is not even mentioned. Oklahoma state has a better RPI and Better SOS and more Quad 2 and 3 wins. Tech has the better record by 1 game and has 1 more Quad 1 win. I must be missing something.
Not to sound smug, but they didn’t lose 8 games in a row

Oct 30, 2007
Texas Tech beat a top ranked Louisville team during the non-conference, they have 4 overtime losses, and they are .500 in conference play. The eye test probably plays into it as well. We had a long stretch where we looked terrible, and Texas Tech has been much more consistent. They've even looked dominant at times by winning conference games by 30 to 40 points.

I sure wish we had those first 8 conference games back. We probably would've made the tournament if we would've found a way to win just 2 or 3 of those games. At least we created some momentum heading into next season. Next year should be a lot of fun.

Oct 30, 2007
Tho is the stupidest thing in the history of basketball. Big12 refs calling in to see if they can call a forfeit on osu.

TOTAL BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s this about? I was at the game so I missed it.
If yor’s foul is flagrant, then they missed several hundred flagrant fouls this season in the big12 alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk