MBB: Cowboys DOMINATES Texas 81-59 FINAL BIG 12 RANKINGS. Pokes face the Cyclones in Tournament on WEDNESDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Texas is in big trouble they went from 57 to 68 in the net rankings. We went from 71 to 61
If selection Sunday were today, would that mean we would be in?
Nope. 61 by itself isn’t good enough and add in the fact there’s been a bunch of small conference championships won by lower seeds and the bubble teams will be in trouble this year.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
If we beat ISU (very possible) and then somehow beat KU I would think we have a solid shot at getting in.
I'd consider beating ISU a likelihood at this point, given the way OSU is playing vs. the way ISU is playing.

One is 7-3 in their last 10 and the other is 3-7, I believe.

Nothing is a gimme, but should be a W. KU is the biggest game of the year, and possibly Boynton's toughest test thus far.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2006
Texas is in big trouble they went from 57 to 68 in the net rankings. We went from 71 to 61
The Tech-Texas game is gonna be interesting for Texas. Win that one and they're probably in. Lose and they're out. Tech is probably in regardless, but if they lost it would make it interesting for them on selection Sunday.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
We should handle ISU with the way we've been playing, If we don't then whatever. It wouldn't surprise me much to see either outcome. ISU usually gets hot in KC. Let's just say we beat them and shoot absolutely lights out and beat Kansas by a bucket or two....they would still leave us out of the big dance even though it would be total garbage. If you beat #1 in the Conf. Tourney while getting 19 wins in the process then you should be a lock. I think we have to win 3 more even though it should be 2.

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
If we beat ISU (very possible) and then somehow beat KU I would think we have a solid shot at getting in.
ISU is a trap game. The main reason why we lost the first go, was because that Solomon kid was hitting everything. Couldn’t stop him. I hope we take care of business on Wednesday.
As for KU? It’s tough, man. I mean, think about it. ISU game is at 6PM. Win that and then we’ll turn around the next day at 1PM to face the NUMBER ONE TEAM. Not even a full day of rest. It’s kinda stacked against for the lower teams.
Despite all of this, if we had our boys playing like they did on Saturday. I think we have a real chance in the tournament.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
We should handle ISU with the way we've been playing, If we don't then whatever. It wouldn't surprise me much to see either outcome. ISU usually gets hot in KC. Let's just say we beat them and shoot absolutely lights out and beat Kansas by a bucket or two....they would still leave us out of the big dance even though it would be total garbage. If you beat #1 in the Conf. Tourney while getting 19 wins in the process then you should be a lock. I think we have to win 3 more even though it should be 2.
At this point, I would look at any win past ISU to be to increase seeding for the nit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
At this point, I would look at any win part ISU to be to increase seeding for the nit.

I would assume 20 wins is the magic number.

Beating ISU maybe gets you in the Next Four Out, beating KU gets you to First Four Out, beating Tech should be enough.

Could be a lot of mid-major bid stealers but if things go mostly chalk elsewhere, I think that would get us in. At the very least, we'd have a very compelling argument.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. And ku has looked very beatable at times.

Not to mention, at this point in the season, KU will not lose its #1 seed with a loss. Their tournament record is a little less remarkable than their string (once-interrupted) of regular season championships. In the tournament, they have been in the championship game 7 of the last 10 and have won five. Not overt or overwhelmingly slanted, but they do sport occasional evidence that their subs come in a bit more frequently and for longer periods than what would be seen during a typical game. No need to wear them out right before the Dance.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Iowa State will come to play and with the way their fans travel for the Big 12 Tournament it will be like a home game for them. One game at a time.
That's true they normally travel very well but I wonder if their fans will be a little apathetic with how their team played this year. They definitely show out more than OSU in KC every year.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
I know a ton of ISU fans that normally go down to KC for the tournament that have said they won’t bother this year but we will see.