MBB: Cowboys DOMINATES Texas 81-59 FINAL BIG 12 RANKINGS. Pokes face the Cyclones in Tournament on WEDNESDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 17, 2011
7-11 in conference wont get us in the tourney. It never has before. Only way to get in is to win the tourney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it has...like 2 years ago with ou basketball getting a 9 seed too. They were safely in with a 19-13 record.

Aug 16, 2012
Yes it has...like 2 years ago with ou basketball getting a 9 seed too. They were safely in with a 19-13 record.
There was no way in hell the NCAA was going to keep Young out of the tournament. Too big of a media story and if OU had two fewer wins the committee would probably have still found a way to get him in. We do not have a Trey Young.

Aug 16, 2012
My bad it was LAST year not 2 years ago. But no trey, 7-11, lose in first round of big 12 tournament and make it as a 9 seed.
Slept since then, but did not remember that. Just looked and not even any "strong down the stretch" or notable wins. Who knows

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
My bad it was LAST year not 2 years ago. But no trey, 7-11, lose in first round of big 12 tournament and make it as a 9 seed.
OU ‘18 squad and our OSU squad is nearly identical. The only differences is that OU won more non conference games. They won 2 more games entering Big 12 play. For us, we only lost 3 games, those being Georgetown, Wichita State, and Minnesota. Had we won two of those 3 (should’ve been Georgetown and Minnesota), our record would be 19-12 entering Big 12 tournament, just like that OU ‘18 squad.

What is fascinating about this is that, OU has LOST that first round, making them 19-13 and STILL making the dance. Right now, we are 17-14. Perhaps, only winning two games should do the trick. Who knows. Either way. We gotta focus one game at a time with ISU coming up tomorrow evening

Feb 18, 2009
If you guys are anything, you’re optimistic. I applaud that approach, but there is no way Oklahoma State basketball will be in the NCAA tournament without winning it all this weekend. Not one more win not two more wins not three more wins, we are going to have to win it out right.

Even finding a way to beat Kansas, who if you guys will remember we played during this “better stretch of basketball” (ksu a-choo) and still got all the crap kicked out of us, won’t be enough.

That’s what happens when you take a month and a half off in the middle of the season.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
If you guys or anything, you’re optimistic. I applaud that approach, but there is no way Oklahoma State basketball will be in the NCAA tournament without winning it all this weekend. Not one more win not two more wins not three more wins, we are going to have to win it out right.

Even finding a way to beat Kansas, who if you guys will remember we played during this “better stretch of basketball” (ksu a-choo) and still got all the crap kicked out of us, won’t be enough.

That’s what happens when you take a month and a half off in the middle of the season.
If we beat KU we are a solid bubble team with a great chance at making the dance. That recent game against KU was in the Phog which is insanely hard to win at.

Not saying it will be easy. Our chances vs KU in KC are not THAT much better than down the road in Lawrence. But if we find a way to win that game I won't be surprised if we make the tourney at 19 wins.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
If you guys or anything, you’re optimistic. I applaud that approach, but there is no way Oklahoma State basketball will be in the NCAA tournament without winning it all this weekend. Not one more win not two more wins not three more wins, we are going to have to win it out right.

If we beat KU we are a solid bubble team with a great chance at making the dance. That recent game against KU was in the Phog which is insanely hard to win at.

Not saying it will be easy. Our chances vs KU in KC are not THAT much better than down the road in Lawrence. But if we find a way to win that game I won't be surprised if we make the tourney at 19 wins.
If we beat KU and we make the tourney, I'd be surprised but not shocked. That would put us squarely on the bubble, but most likely on the outside, looking in.

If we were to beat Tech or UT in the semis and NOT make the tourney, I'd be a little surprised.

All that said, none of that matters without beating ISU.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Dec 17, 2011
OU ‘18 squad and our OSU squad is nearly identical. The only differences is that OU won more non conference games. They won 2 more games entering Big 12 play. For us, we only lost 3 games, those being Georgetown, Wichita State, and Minnesota. Had we won two of those 3 (should’ve been Georgetown and Minnesota), our record would be 19-12 entering Big 12 tournament, just like that OU ‘18 squad.

What is fascinating about this is that, OU has LOST that first round, making them 19-13 and STILL making the dance. Right now, we are 17-14. Perhaps, only winning two games should do the trick. Who knows. Either way. We gotta focus one game at a time with ISU coming up tomorrow evening
I am more fascinated by the fact that they made it in as a 9 seed, meaning there are at least 12 teams that were behind them with that performance that year.

It goes back to us a few years ago too as 8-10 and we made it as an 8 seed (or 9 I cant remember), so they do give the big 12 credit along with us. Also if I remember correctly we were the first ever 8-10 big 12 team to make the dance too and we got in easily. If we beat ISU and KU I think they will give us a strong consideration to slip in as a low seed.

What would hurt us, is that the big 12 isnt the #1 NET ranking conference this time. Its the big east, we are #2 though.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
I am more fascinated by the fact that they made it in as a 9 seed, meaning there are at least 12 teams that were behind them with that performance that year.

It goes back to us a few years ago too as 8-10 and we made it as an 8 seed (or 9 I cant remember), so they do give the big 12 credit along with us. Also if I remember correctly we were the first ever 8-10 big 12 team to make the dance too and we got in easily. If we beat ISU and KU I think they will give us a strong consideration to slip in as a low seed.

What would hurt us, is that the big 12 isnt the #1 NET ranking conference this time. Its the big east, we are #2 though.
Look...the NCAA Corrupt Committee is always going keep teams like OSU out of the tournament for the FACT we don’t enough eyeballs watching games...period. Fewer eyeballs = Less money.

There are so many variables at the committees disposal to use against teams like OSU..like “You didn’t win enough games on Wednesday nights with a 6:00 tip-off” or “Newsweek didn’t have OSU in their top 50 strength schedule after Valentines’s Day”. The Corrupt Committee can do whatever they want...it’s a joke. A bad OU team going a few years ago with Young was the last straw for me.

Only way we go to the “Dance” is if we win the Big 12 Tourney...period.

Dec 17, 2011
Look...the NCAA Corrupt Committee is always going keep teams like OSU out of the tournament for the FACT we don’t enough eyeballs watching games...period. Fewer eyeballs = Less money.

There are so many variables at the committees disposal to use against teams like OSU..like “You didn’t win enough games on Wednesday nights with a 6:00 tip-off” or “Newsweek didn’t have OSU in their top 50 strength schedule after Valentines’s Day”. The Corrupt Committee can do whatever they want...it’s a joke. A bad OU team going a few years ago with Young was the last straw for me.

Only way we go to the “Dance” is if we win the Big 12 Tourney...period.
Again correct me if im wrong but we were the first team in not just big 12 play but all conference play to have a below .500 record in conference and make it in the tournament. We even made it as an 8 seed and the very next year be 8-10 with an 18-13 record make it as an 8 seed again.

Yes we got screwed 1 year a few years ago big time but to say that the committee doesnt give us the benefit of the doubt is a stretch after what Ive seen at the end of the travis ford era.

Honestly because of that we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times by not winning 1 game.

Beat ISU, beat KU (to get that 1 huge win on our resume piled on with our other wins) and I think its a good chance we get in depending on how other teams do.

Aug 16, 2012
it’s a joke. A bad OU team going a few years ago with Young was the last straw for me
Every year they put Gonzaga as a 1-4 seed, only to see them not live up to the expectation. Moves like that make me want to watch even less each year. Or taking all but 1-2 Big East/ACC/SEC teams because of "conference strength" but that is what we have to hope for ourselves.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
it’s a joke. A bad OU team going a few years ago with Young was the last straw for me
Every year they put Gonzaga as a 1-4 seed, only to see them not live up to the expectation. Moves like that make me want to watch even less each year. Or taking all but 1-2 Big East/ACC/SEC teams because of "conference strength" but that is what we have to hope for ourselves.
Not to sidetrack the thread completely but...

Gonzaga's tourney history since 2015:

5 Sweet Sixteen's
3 Elite Eights
1 Final Four
1 runner-up

That's pretty impressive.

Dec 17, 2011
Not to sidetrack the thread completely but...

Gonzaga's tourney history since 2015:

5 Sweet Sixteen's
3 Elite Eights
1 Final Four
1 runner-up

That's pretty impressive.

Yeah I wouldve agreed with the original statement if this was pre 2015 but gonzaga has stepped up their game come tournament time.