MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys @ Iowa State Cyclones (ESPN+ TONIGHT 7PM)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
If you would've told me 15 years ago on this board (and I was here back then) that we were about to be in basketball hell for the next 15 years +, I would've said "no way is that going to happen. Impossible!"

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
If you would've told me 15 years ago on this board (and I was here back then) that we were about to be in basketball hell for the next 15 years +, I would've said "no way is that going to happen. Impossible!"
You underestimate Howdy Doodie.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
With a few sprinkled exceptions, it’s been a slow death since the Boggan vs Kevin Durant game. That team was top 5 and imploded, and it hasn’t been right since.

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
So true. Even 10 years ago there was hope, but now it is hard seeing how we will get out this without a really good coach. Tech finally found a good coach. We need to do the same.

Boynton just isn't the answer. He needs to go at the end of the season.

Oct 30, 2007
Between Saturday and tonight, OSU is averaging giving up 45.6 points per half in the last 3 halves of play.
Iowa State was averaging 64 PPG in league play coming into tonight. We gave up 52 points in the 2nd half! There's no excuse for being this bad defensively with a veteran squad. The effort just isn't there consistently.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
So true. Even 10 years ago there was hope, but now it is hard seeing how we will get out this without a really good coach. Tech finally found a good coach. We need to do the same.

Boynton just isn't the answer. He needs to go at the end of the season.
Cunningham will get him another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
Iowa State was averaging 64 PPG in league play coming into tonight. We gave up 52 points in the 2nd half! There's no excuse for being this bad defensively with a veteran squad. The effort just isn't there consistently.
it's not necessarily effort most of the time. It's scheme. When you are chasing lanes. Your players are going to wear down instead of just staying with your man and keeping yourself between him and the rim.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Cunningham will get him another year.

why does this matter? why would 1 year of cunningham change anything for us. We shouldn't keep a coach because he hired a top recruits brother.
Probably not. But it’s the only thing we have to look forward to. So hopefully they don’t take our one glimmer of hope away from us.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
it's not necessarily effort most of the time. It's scheme. When you are chasing lanes. Your players are going to wear down instead of just staying with your man and keeping yourself between him and the rim.
This 100%. Underwood realized this in 2017 when they were 0-6 in conference and changed the scheme to allow players to stay in front of their guys and played less in the lanes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk