MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys @ Iowa State Cyclones (ESPN+ TONIGHT 7PM)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Cunningham will get him another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fear that’ll be like Trae Youngs year at OU. Cunningham averaging 35 a night while the rest of them stand around and watch him. He leaves after his one year and nobody has gotten any better. That doesn’t even guarantee a successful one year. OU as a team was pretty bad that year.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
HCMB:

“Young kicked everybody’s butt.”
”We’ve got good kids, they want to respond. We have to start better.”
In a huddle he got into them:
“What we were doing at the time was unacceptable. Our fans deserve better.”
“To follow up the effort against Baylor with this loss is really disappointing.”

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
HCMB:

“To follow up the effort against Baylor with this loss is really disappointing.”
I just don’t get how you can play this bad on almost a nightly basis.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Part 2:
“It took us getting down double digits to have that competitive edge. We don’t have the confidence to do that (come back).”
“There’s some things we have to commit to. We didn’t play like our backs were against the wall, even though we haven’t won a league game. That’s a huge disappointment for me and my staff.”
“There’s a group of guys who want to win, but I don’t know if they believe they can.”

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
HCMB:

Start better and not give up 90 points in the 2nd half "Coach" Boynton

Nov 14, 2010
Anybody know what boynton said after the game.

Said we weren't dialed into Bolton early

Said Solomon Young was the difference

Said we tried everything on him and he kicked everyones butts

He said we needed to start better because we made mistakes trying too hard trying to play uphill

Said he was dissapointed that we didn't build off of Saturday and that he let the team know im a timeout that he didn't appreciate the way they were playing

He said he told them that there are too many people that are proud of this program that helped build it for the way they were playing to be acceptable

RAGMAN

Greenhorn
Jan 7, 2020
Edmond, OK
What he meant to say is that Young was the guy we targeted this week to kick our butts.

The kids would like to do better but we don’t know how to help them.

The fans are just going to have to be patient as our seniors are just about to come into their own.

Our freshmen need to be as patient as these seniors have been.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I fear that’ll be like Trae Youngs year at OU. Cunningham averaging 35 a night while the rest of them stand around and watch him. He leaves after his one year and nobody has gotten any better. That doesn’t even guarantee a successful one year. OU as a team was pretty bad that year.
Me too. It will still be bad basketball.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Couple of thoughts after tonight but some I’ve had for awhile I guess.

How in the world are the Boone’s not getting more playing time? You can’t tell me that Yor deserved that many minutes over Kalib tonight. I seriously fear that the Boone’s might go the route of the transfer portal if this continues. I will admit that their body language is a little bit off but I really think that they just feel they should be getting more time and they continue to not be given the chance.

It’s so disappointing to watch Yor over the last month. I understand Ice just isn’t himself and probably won’t be until who knows when, but I think he’s still showing a great deal of effort right now. Fact is the seniors needed to step up this year BUT this team needs to stand on the shoulders Ice and Yor. They looked like two future 1st team Big Twelve players last year. I feel really bad for Yor. I watched him walk off the floor tonight frustrated as I’ve ever seen him and my heart broke for the kid. I hope he gains back what he’s been missing soon because I believe he is truly still a dynamic player for us.

After tonight I believe that Avery Anderson is the real future of this team. Yeah we all know Cunningham is a special talent but most likely a one and done. One could argue the most consistent thing we have on offense right now is a jumper from Anderson near the foul line. He and Harris could be a very nasty combo on the defensive side of the ball in a couple years.

I’m still holding out hope. I want to believe in Boynton so bad. I mean near the end of his first season when we were laying the wood to ranked teams he was coaching his ass off. That is nowhere to be found right now. I know we are seriously lacking in offensive firepower but it’s pretty obvious that there is some sort of disconnect between the staff and players.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Part 2:
“It took us getting down double digits to have that competitive edge. We don’t have the confidence to do that (come back).”
“There’s some things we have to commit to. We didn’t play like our backs were against the wall, even though we haven’t won a league game. That’s a huge disappointment for me and my staff.”
“There’s a group of guys who want to win, but I don’t know if they believe they can.”
And yet he trots out the same guys that play lethargic, and won't adjust his system that clearly isn't working. What does that say about our coach? We're 0-6, coach. Do something different!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2009
Coach is right about one thing, there is still some serious passion for this program. We wouldn’t have threads like this without that kind of passion.

At this point I feel bad for coach and the players. Nobody can fix it but them and they know that. Now we’ve got posts about potential player transfers. Nasty tweets to the team and coaches about playing in an empty GIA, demands for replacement, etc.

It just sucks to see where this thing has gone. Nothing we can do about it either which makes it worse. The guys in that locker room have to fix it and I’m not sure they can to be honest.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
The difference is that Cunningham is a great distributor of the ball and he makes everyone around him better. Trae Young was a one trick pony.