MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys @ Iowa State Cyclones (ESPN+ TONIGHT 7PM)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I think they have called a foul in us every time down the floor. They had either 2 or 4 free throws in the first half. Now they have 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
Aimed i
I think they have called a foul in us every time down the floor. They had either 2 or 4 free throws in the first half. Now they have 21.

That is another problem with this type of defense. You end up chasing the ball and gaps instead of just staying in front of your man. It's a terrible defensive philosophy that gets us out of position. Even our zone gets out of position a lot

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
I'm not a Boynton believer. I don't care about 1 competitive year next year because we have an NBA player. I want sustainability. That is not what we will have with Boynton. Defense and offense are both subpar, and that is being kind. I hope we move on after this season.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

That was predictable

The refs would have done the same for us if we knew how to atrack
This group of Cowboys avoids contact, absolute opposite of the teams that have been successful at OSU.

I remember years ago when Knight was coaching TTU, his comments after losing to the Cowboys were, “We came to play basketball, they came to kick our ass!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Aimed i

That is another problem with this type of defense. You end up chasing the ball and gaps instead of just staying in front of your man. It's a terrible defensive philosophy that gets us out of position. Even our zone gets out of position a lot
We have too many guys that can’t guard their yard which leads to too much help on the defense thus leaving guys wide open either at the three point line or at the block.

Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
I will say on the road in Ames isn't easy, but the team just isn't coached well. They are a disjointed mess. You should get that with players that have been together and been in a system for almost 2 years...some more. But the players are just as confused at what system Boynton runs. I still don't know and we are 3 years in.

The system on offense maybe -- "Song and a Prayer".
Defense -- "Chase the lanes, end in the gutter"

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Aimed i

We have too many guys that can’t guard their yard which leads to too much help on the defense thus leaving guys wide open either at the three point line or at the block.
True this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk