MBB: Oklahoma State Cowboys vs Texas Longhorns (ESPN+ GIA 7PM TONIGHT)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 31, 2013
McGriff and Waters and Likekele combine 9-28. Boones and Anderson combine to go 12-24.
Still don’t understand why we don’t have McGriff down low piston up on offense. No way in hell I would let him shoot from 3 like he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what happens when you have a coach who can’t coach and apparently doesn’t believe in chewing on anybody’s rear end. We are a dumpster fire basketball program without any direction or confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I think it was stated before, coach came out with the “starting 5” in the second half, gave ALL momentum back to texas. Subs were not made fast enough in fact Keelan didn’t come in until late in second half, by then...game over,
At this point it is CLEAR we can’t have but one of our seniors on the floor at a time and kaleb needs more PT. Coach can start these guys if he wants, but he better be running subs in right after the tip off.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I think it was stated before, coach came out with the “starting 5” in the second half, gave ALL momentum back to texas. Subs were not made fast enough in fact Keelan didn’t come in until late in second half, by then...game over,
At this point it is CLEAR we can’t have but one of our seniors on the floor at a time and kaleb needs more PT. Coach can start these guys if he wants, but he better be running subs in right after the tip off.
Good point. Game management in the form of subbing players has been an issue from day one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
And the rookies played 23 minutes less than the vets. Vets had 88 minutes and rooks 65 minutes. That is telling.

If the starting 5 played Anderson, Harris, the Boones and Hidde--who wins?
Here is the box for us. Yor and Hidde didn’t do much. Kalib and Keylan need to start. Dziagwa needs to shoot and hit more if he is going to be on the floor. I don’t think Laurent would have helped at all.
22DB793B-18C9-4E30-9C40-3B34F5BDEE2D.jpeg

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
The game was lost at the beginning of each half. Just can’t give up that much athleticism to even a bad big 12 team. I will be sorely disappointed is PT is not distributed differently t he rest of year

Jun 14, 2011
Boone has rolled inside wide open after screening outside, and we just keep missing him.
We miss the roll guy constantly. Not just Boone and not just in this game. It's maddening when our offense is largely pick and roll and we can't hit the roller who is open often enough.

Jun 14, 2011
I'm sorry but Hedie? was making even three-pointers and short jumpers earlier in the season but then he stopped getting as much playing time and he has regressed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I am very concerned that Yor and the Dutchman have both seemed to regress. What is our new bigman coach doing? Anei was f@cking dominant in the closing games of last year.

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
I am very concerned that Yor and the Dutchman have both seemed to regress. What is our new bigman coach doing? Anei was f@cking dominant in the closing games of last year.
He was fairly one dimensional in his game when he came alive offensively last season (given his hand issues, I'd think he'd be limited in offensive development, but who knows?). His blocking is largely in help, not man-to-man situations. The Big 12 coaches have adjusted and our coaching staff is not. I really hate saying that, but Boynton is trying a lot of the same stuff over and over and over again and the veteran coaches of the Big 12 are eating it up.

I don't think Hidde has regressed as much as competition stepped up. He is another one of those Euro prayers that rarely works out.

It is true that our seniors aren't playing well, our sophomores are in a slump, and our freshmen are very raw, but Boynton is also showing that he is the underclassman of Big 12 coaches. He has to develop as well. I'm hopeful he is studying game film and learning from the wealth of knowledge all of Big 12 opponents are giving him.