MBB: OSU at KSU 8 p.m. tonight

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
TV is ESPNU.

Preview from Frank Bonner II...

Oklahoma State’s season record has dropped below .500 for the second time this year after Saturday’s eight-point loss to No. 1 Baylor, and the Cowboys will try to correct that at Kansas State on Tuesday.

Tipoff will be at 8 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kansas. Point guard Isaac Likekele will be back in the same arena with Kansas State coach Bruce Weber for the first time since earning a gold medal for USA Basketball in the FIBA U19 World Cup.

Likekele averaged 8.4 points, 5.9 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.7 steals per game during the World Cup with Weber as the head coach. OSU coach Mike Boynton said he believes that experience helped boost Likekele’s confidence heading into this year.

“I’m sure that Isaac never thought of playing for USA Basketball when he first came to college,” Boynton said. “And then to have the opportunity and go play well and have somebody who’s coached in a national championship game look him in the eye and say I believe in you and you can help us win a gold medal. And then for that to play itself out the way it did is something I’m sure helped his confidence.”
Also from Frank, Coach Boynton on Monday addressed his ejection at Baylor...

“I usually try to be pretty mild-mannered,” Boynton said on Monday. “But at that point, I thought it was important for our players to know that I’m going to have their backs and stand up for them when I feel like it’s necessary and I certainly thought it was necessary.”

Apr 14, 2009
If Yor gets pushed around like he did last time. We will probably get blown out.
He needs to play well. Like a MAN not a high school kid.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
As stated on a K-State forum, the two teams mirror one another, even down to having less than stellar year. Podcasts for both teams have suggested in the past week that players returning next year should get more playing time prepare for next season. As enjoyable as it would be to see that happen tonight, both teams realize this may be one of the few winnable games left on the schedule.

Jun 23, 2005
I think OSU has started to turn things around the last two games. I think the Pokes get a road win tonight. The fight they put up at Baylor has to lift their confidence, which is critical because during the losing streak it looked like our guys had lost confidence. If we win tonight we can still pull off 3-4 more wins this year, maybe finish 500.

Dec 6, 2013
I think OSU has started to turn things around the last two games. I think the Pokes get a road win tonight. The fight they put up at Baylor has to lift their confidence, which is critical because during the losing streak it looked like our guys had lost confidence. If we win tonight we can still pull off 3-4 more wins this year, maybe finish 500.
Hope so. We are playing the 2nd worst team in the conference. If we are going to win a road game, its do or die tonight.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Last 8 1/2 minutes of the last game 13 fouls. First 8 1/2 minutes of this game 1 foul. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
All the contact they let go on both ends and they call that an and one. Seemed like a pretty late whistle too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk