MBB: Texas Tech vs OSU Sat at Noon

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
A6A8C4B6-EB4C-4D30-9259-2A776E494F79.jpeg

BIG BIG BIG TIME GAME SATURDAY!! Cade will be in town with his trainer and we will be celebrating the 25 yr anniversary of the 1995 Final Four team!

Coach Sutton doesn’t have too many reunions left as he has lived a long inspirational and successful life. Take the time to sell out GIA. The team is improving, young players are getting more comfortable, Ice is near 100% and there is so much going on!

This could be a historic day! Top recruit we may ever have. Celebrating one of the best teams we’ve ever had. Cheering on one of our greatest coaches we will ever have.
Lot of excitement! Go Pokes!!

Mar 27, 2008
Hopefully we can make it more of a game than what it was in Lubbock. Tech is coming in hot. They have won their last three games and just blew out TCU by almost 50.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Notes from Frank Bonner II...

Oklahoma State has played in 13 games since point guard Isaac Likekele missed a month of basketball from Nov. 29 to Dec. 29. Likekele was playing at an elite level to help the Cowboys start the season with a seven-game winning streak before his illness.

OSU coach Mike Boynton was the first to warn Likekele that it was going to take time to get back to the level that he was playing at before.

“It’s been a process for him to get back,” Boynton said. “I tried to warn him more than anybody that on Dec. 29 when he was able to come back that it wasn’t going to be like it was on Nov. 29 when he played in our seventh game early in the year. But naturally, as a competitor he wants it to happen as fast as possible.”
Also, in honor of the 1995 Final Four team, here's a throwback gallery

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
https://twitter.com/TexasTechMBB/status/1228086956724228096
We had a solid win against TCU. We played very well against BU in our loss. The KSU game was hard fought, but kinda ugly.

I think he’s overselling it to say we’re playing some of the best basketball in the country, but he shows respect. It’s a winnable game, but probably has to be our best game of the year in n order to pull it off.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Does anyone have tickets they are looking to give away? I have like 4 people who wear Orange to fill seats.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
We had a solid win against TCU. We played very well against BU in our loss. The KSU game was hard fought, but kinda ugly.

I think he’s overselling it to say we’re playing some of the best basketball in the country, but he shows respect. It’s a winnable game, but probably has to be our best game of the year in n order to pull it off.
Yeah, but it could be argued that we are finally seeing the same team that started out 7-0 with Ice finally at 100% again. In my opinion we win last week at #1 Baylor without the crooked officiating.

What I thought was interesting about hearing Coach Beard talk about our program in the first 2 minutes of that video, was just how much respect he had for it. A guy that was in the national title game last year and many say is one of the best coaches in college basketball right now. It seems like we (or just me) forget sometimes about having a top 10 arena and just how much history and prestige our program has. It's hard to remember because it's been so long since we've been a force. I guess it was just nice to hear someone not associated with our program talk about it like that.

Last edited: