1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football Michiah Quick - 2014 WR/CB

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Noven, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

2. OrsonModesto

OrsonModesto Wrangler

Little reminder...

"My office doors revolve with coaches coming in and wanting to go to Oregon and Michigan and New Jersey and Florida and everywhere," Gundy said of the recruiting process. "... There's two things that happen: One, it costs too much money, and two, it costs too much time. I could be in Texas and Oklahoma hitting four or five schools in the same amount of time that I can get in one school and try to convince a young man to come get an education and play football at Oklahoma State, and he's 18 hours away from his home." - HCMG
    http://espn.go.com/college-football...d-cardinal-face-challenge-maintaining-success
    jobob85 likes this.
  3. Noven

4. OrsonModesto

OrsonModesto Wrangler

I see your point, but thanks to Seth Jacobs, we have exactly one kid on our roster from CA. And he had very strong ties to this area. And as for Carrington, he has only stated he likes us, not hat we have visited him or offered him.

But, I do think the coaches are branching out a little bit more, and that likely comes from the fact we have a little more recognition. I think Gundy's quote was a little bit of a generalization. If a prospect comes to the coaches and shows a high interest in us, then I have no doubts that we would look into that prospect. We are just not going to go globe-trotting around throwing out offers from coast to coast, like too many other schools do.
  5. PlatypusJojo

A/V Subscriber PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

I am really starting to dislike that about recruiting. Players like Markelle Martin, who didn't have twenty offers coming out of high school, now would have offers from everywhere. It's really gone past regional recruiting recently.
  6. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

Jacobs had family in OK and was considering CO and Ark. Jaydon Mickens dumped us for a PAC 12 team. Point shot down.
  7. Noven

Are you kidding me? Learn how to make a point.

Last class we had kids from CA, GA, IL, AZ, MO. Sounds like branching out to me.
  8. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

Jacobs (CA), Glenn Spencer (GA), Monken (IL), Fiesta Bowl (AZ), bordering state (MO). No rando recruiting in Michigan or North Carolina or Florida has panned out.
  9. OrsonModesto

OrsonModesto Wrangler

Correct, it is all about building relationships/connections. We are starting to get more kids to come into our program but it is not because we are charging our strategy, it is because we are building a winning program that people recognize. One-stop shopping for recruits at random high schools is not good in the long run, and rarely pans out, until you reach a national prominence. Until then, stick to what/who you know.
  10. Noven

I never said rando recruiting has panned out. Those kids are still in other states all over the nation and are recruited by local schools too. You don't think other teams have recruits get interested by the bowl games they play in? oSu does not operate in a vacuum.
  11. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

Didn't we have a kid from NH at our camp that wants to play here? If we win, they will come. I'm surprised we don't go after more local kids. There's a pretty good QB out of Tahlequah I don't think we've sniffed because we've bought Jack Del Rio sight-unseen.
  12. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

Brayden Scott wants nothing to do with us even though his dad played here.
  13. PlatypusJojo

A/V Subscriber PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Yep. In fact he seemed quite asshole-ish about it.
  14. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

Well screw him then!
    PlatypusJojo likes this.
  15. oufannot

oufannot Wrangler

Didn't Seales come from FL?
  16. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

17. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

Beaumont, TX
  18. oufannot

oufannot Wrangler

I stand corrected. Could have swore someone last year was talked about being from Florida.
  19. Anaranjado

Anaranjado Shaolin Style

pretty sure the OL D. Koenig is from FL
  20. Pokengineer

A/V Subscriber Pokengineer King of the impossible

He is but you should take that as a special case also. Both of his older brothers were OL's here also...