1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Mizzou fan tweets WAY across the line

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by skirtguy, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokepokepooray

pokepokepooray Cowboy

The coach handled the situation with about as much class as you can expect given the circumstances.

2. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

Sounds like Big 12 is sticking together!

Orange Proud

3. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Deputy

Done and done. Just sent one back thanking him for the quick reply and kind words.

4. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

Now he should aplogize to each and every friend and family member of the crash victims!

Orange Proud

5. starflyer

starflyer Spin it real good A/V Subscriber

Normally i would be against stuff like this, but i think things like this will help people realize no matter where you say it, you are held responsible for your actions. There are alot of narrow-minded people out there that say crap like he said because nobody does anything about it. Today something was done about it. Ha

okiest86 likes this.
  6. stonewallpoke

stonewallpoke Demon Brigade A/V Subscriber

Something badass.

ostater2319 and osucam like this.
  7. NotOnTV

NotOnTV Sheriff

reputation.com is in his future.

8. CowboyinAZ

CowboyinAZ Deputy

I'm personally offended by him so i decided to write him on Facebook. here it is for enjoyment

Edit: I didnt spend too much time on word structure because he is only 20.. and it was in haste :mad:.

Loyal and true to my family.:koolaid:

You really have no Dignity. I am a Lutheran that considered going to Seward and playing football. Glad I didn't now. Good luck staying on the baseball team and better yet in school. Hope you can get a real job in the future. Obviously not with the church. Which by the way numerous emails have been sent to your pastor quoting what you said about the individuals that lost their lives. A real class act. You're and embarrassment to all Lutherans.

9. CowboyinAZ

CowboyinAZ Deputy

Damn messed up at the end.

10. HowOrangeRU

HowOrangeRU Cowboy

It's kind of weird to think about his world was all normal yesterday. He watched a basketball game, his team didn't win, and he makes some crappy comments on twitter thinking he's hilarious. Today, his world gets rocked. Maybe he will learn that he can't be an A hole and get away with it anymore. Then again, maybe he won't.

11. dds115

dds115 Free Roverto!!! A/V Subscriber

Word on twitter is he got suspended from his baseball team. Can anyone back this up??

12. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Deputy

The head coach said he was suspended in the reply email to all fellow Pokes

13. jetman

jetman Territorial Marshal

Uh, I'm guessing you didn't read the last couple of pages of this thread. Yes, he got suspended. Read page 16.

14. dds115

wow, I missed a whole page. Oops! Thanks!

Extreme respect for the coach. I'm sure that wasn't what he wanted to deal with on his Thursday evening.

15. dds115

Haha yup, tapatalk messes up on my phone so I missed a page or two.

16. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter A/V Subscriber

Should be interesting to see if there is an actual release or post from the University paper, local news, etc confirming the suspension. May not be since it is such a small school.

17. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

I kinda felt sorry for him at first, then I remembered what he wrote. Hope he learns from this mistake.

O-statecowboy and OrangeForever like this.
  18. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

I was also impressed with the Coach's response. My emails to him, the President and others in the school were rejected by the firewall this evening. Glad so many got through and the University took action. Great Job OSU Family!

Proud to be Orange!

19. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Sheriff

Wow, that showed a lot of character by the coach. I understand that you can't brush it aside, but the fact he took the time to send out that email to most, if not all the people who emailed him means a lot to me.

20. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

Okay, folks. This young man tweeted some incredibly tasteless "jokes" that he probably heard somewhere else and displayed extremely poor judgment in posting them publicly without realizing the hurt that these "jokes" could cause to other human beings.

This is not to defend what he did, but I told some jokes when I was younger that just make me cringe now. Thankfully, there was no internet to record it back then (I told the jokes by smoke signal ;)), and I grew up and learned better.

It sounds like he has some learnin' to do, and the actions of his coach indicate the young man has some good guidance. Let's try to allow this dude to learn from his mistakes and hope he can become a better person by learning from his mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.