MLB Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
It does seems really odd that osmond the 53rd ranked player in the draft still hasn’t gone mid way through the 7th. Good for osu though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It does seems really odd that osmond the 53rd ranked player in the draft still hasn’t gone mid way through the 7th. Good for osu though.

It’s a very very good sign. This scenario happens all the time. A kid drops a lot because he’s made it known to interested MLB teams that he’s going to college. But, sometimes, a team will swoop in and take the kid with a low round pick, and then if they have leftover $ from other kids not signing, they’ll throw a bunch of money at the kid in hopes he changes his mind. Sometimes the kid does, and sometimes he doesn’t.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond

Al Leiter’s son, a probable top 10 pick, still has not been drafted due to signability. He has signed to play college ball at Vandy and expressed his desire to honor that commitment.

So it will be interesting to see if a team who has drafted underslot guys and has extra $$$ to spend takes a chance on some of these high-upside kids who have dropped.

Last edited:

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Nov 14, 2010
I'm not surprised with Gragg or Battenfield

Graggs stuff reminds me of Walker Buehler and Battenfield has such great command and movement to go with 93-94.

Battenfield also has the size and a sense of confidence that you can't teach.

They both understand the concept of Effective Velocity which is what gets Professional hitters out.

I'm surprised McCusker hasn't gone yet

With his body and skills, the way he can hit the ball to all fields and his "clutch gene", I thought he'd be very attractive to the draft.

Boone and Cabbiness need to flatten their swings and have a much more positive attack angle to better stay inside the ball and hit more consistently.

Tank just never would buy into becoming anything other than a 1 trick Pony by swinging up and continuing to be a dead pull hitter.

I'm convinced that he has been given bad information from outside the program in terms of the type of hitter the pros wanted out of him.

I think he thought that he would be a more attractive hitter that way to the pros.

He's a great kid that, in my opinion, has been given very bad advice.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
Will Gragg/Battenfield leave? I generally assume anybody in the first 10 rounds is leaving, but not sure what others think.

Gragg is believed to have the potential to throw better velocities (I’ve heard upper 90s) as his technique improves- so it’s not surprising he’s a high pick. Still surprised Elliott is still undrafted.