MLB Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Last Thursday Trenkle retweeted Casey Mize and Baseball America telling kids to go to college. Seems promising that he is considering coming to Stillwater.

It was funny because some fan tried to call out Mize seemingly unaware of who he is. Brent Rooker came in and set the record straight.

Dec 21, 2008
Have seen Bryce pitch a few times. Kid has a very live loose arm and has a cocky fiery streak to him. Very smooth delivery. If tailored the right way which I think they will do as he matures I think he can end up like Tyler Hatch.

What is story on Rascon? Comparing to Lodolo is quite the comparison

What’s the story on U of AZ transfer?
Thanks so much!!

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
What is story on Rascon? Comparing to Lodolo is quite the comparison
From what I've been able to find, Rascon remains unsigned. The Padres have done a good job of saving money in their bonus pool, so they'll have some $$$ to throw at Rascon and some other draftees. It all just depends on how much the kid can negotiate and how much he wants to be in pro ball. I guess the Padres 3rd-round pick is an OU signee and is asking for well over slot value.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From what I've been able to find, Rascon remains unsigned. The Padres have done a good job of saving money in their bonus pool, so they'll have some $$$ to throw at Rascon and some other draftees. It all just depends on how much the kid can negotiate and how much he wants to be in pro ball. I guess the Padres 3rd-round pick is an OU signee and is asking for well over slot value.
0u probably offered him slot value to stay committed so what is he supposed to do?

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
This is great news for a couple reasons. Keep him away from the Sooners, and the Padres used a TON of their bonus money to get him. Let’s hope they don’t have enough to get Rascon.

https://twitter.com/jimcallismlb/status/1141127063505702912?s=21