Money-back guarantee: Mike Gundy cuts check for man who lost bet

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...owboys-coach-writes-check-man-lost-money-team

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy reimbursed an Oklahoma City radio personality who bet $250 on the Cowboys to win more than eight games in Las Vegas before the season.

Ron "Spinozi" Benton, part of "The Morning Animals" on 98.1 FM WWLS The Sports Animal, lost the bet when Oklahoma State finished the season 6-6.

"I have many H.S. buddies who consume way too much alcohol, which leads to listening to talk radio," Gundy wrote in a letter addressed to Benton that included a personal check from Gundy for $250. "The rumor is you bet on our team and lost your money. We came up short, so I thought the manly (51) thing to do is reimburse a guy for believing in our TEAM!

"Thanks for your loyal support! Your favorite coach, Mike Gundy."

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...owboys-coach-writes-check-man-lost-money-team

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy reimbursed an Oklahoma City radio personality who bet $250 on the Cowboys to win more than eight games in Las Vegas before the season.

Ron "Spinozi" Benton, part of "The Morning Animals" on 98.1 FM WWLS The Sports Animal, lost the bet when Oklahoma State finished the season 6-6.

"I have many H.S. buddies who consume way too much alcohol, which leads to listening to talk radio," Gundy wrote in a letter addressed to Benton that included a personal check from Gundy for $250. "The rumor is you bet on our team and lost your money. We came up short, so I thought the manly (51) thing to do is reimburse a guy for believing in our TEAM!

"Thanks for your loyal support! Your favorite coach, Mike Gundy."
I bet on our team by buying season tickets. I bet my checks in mail.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
First off, Ron Benton aka "Spinozzi" is a douche. Transplant radio guy who's done nothing but hitch his wagon to the most popular brand in the state & is now a part of a "sports" morning show that sucks, but has literally no competition.

Secondly, f'n A Coach Gundy!

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
First off, Ron Benton aka "Spinozzi" is a douche. Transplant radio guy who's done nothing but hitch his wagon to the most popular brand in the state & is now a part of a "sports" morning show that sucks, but has literally no competition.

Secondly, f'n A Coach Gundy!
The guy (RB) once said right in front of me he hopes OSU loses every game they play and that he can’t stand OSU fans. This was 2015. Congrats Gundy.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I was in Norman for the 2001 upset. I remember Spinozzi predicting a 66-6 win for OU before the game.

I think Gundy is just trolling Traber.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You guys are sounding like you think the urinal might be shaded towards the goons. Benton is an idiot, but Gundy didn't just troll Traber, he trolled his whole fan base. I'm just about done with sending the university one more dollar for athletics.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I have listened to the morning animals a good bit since 2014. Spinozi definitely supports oSu. He's not a diehard fan by any means but he has a couple really good buddies who are oSu grads and he has said repeatedly how much he enjoys Stillwater. Maybe he's turned a new leaf since 2001 I don't know. I've never had beef with him.