1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Monken to apologize ?

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by stated, Apr 27, 2012.

1. stated

stated Cowboy

You don't have to be a rocket scientist (or even Berry Tramel) to know that Monken and Gundy have NO love for the goons. Neither Monken nor Gundy really care how big a wad the sooners and sooner lovers panties get into. Was Monken trying to slam Laundry ? not if you take his statement in the context of the conversation. Is Berry Tramel trying to make a big deal of it ? It's Bwerry Twamel, why would he do that ?

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/...what-did-todd-monken-mean-about-landry-jones/

Posted by Berry Tramel
    on April 27, 2012M at 12:30 pm

I don’t know what OSU offensive coordinator Todd Monken meant when he talked sort of crazy about OU quarterback Landry Jones.
  2. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

He better not issue an apology. That's some lame sensitive crap being upset about that.

And how does Tramel know Monken feels bad. I bet he doesn't. Such a huge write-up over a little comment. This society is poop.
  3. GulfCoastPoke

GulfCoastPoke Cowboy

Um. Don't know how to break it to you, but Gundy blew up about something much less than this.
  4. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Cowboy

This is just stupid. He's just saying what everyone is thinking. Jones lost his safety blanket and played like a towel boy starting at QB after. He does not need to appologize in the slightest. Keep doin what your doin Monken!
  5. AshlandFlash

AshlandFlash Cowboy

WTHeck are you talking about? Gundy went off at a reporter who made up lies about a player. Where did the Monk lie?
  6. Pokeabear

A/V Subscriber Pokeabear The High Horsemen of Horticulture

Monken is not held to journalistc standards. Big difference, and I highly doubt Jones is crying about this, I feel bad that his own fan base is embarrassing him.
    OSU Sig likes this.
  7. bacowboy

bacowboy Cowboy

Noven and Pokeabear like this.
  8. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

"he knows few teams have a quarterback who can truly carry a team"

I think Monken was simply making a point that there are few QBs that can actually carry a team on their back and talking about the selection process of finding the right guy. He used Landry as an example of a team who thinks they have the right guy but maybe started to question that some late last year.
  9. PokeLady211

PokeLady211 Wrangler

If monken apologizes that is so dumb. Ou needs to stop being a bunch of sensitive cry babies.
  10. Barnabas

Barnabas Cowboy

11. TheBigEnforcer

TheBigEnforcer Wrangler

Monken better not Monken-apologize. Sounds like somebody needs to grow up and leave well enough alone...Mr Tramel. I find it humorous that it has been blown up so big. I bet the goon crew's blood is starting to boil which will make another Bedlam victory that much sweeter. Especially, with a true frosh at the helm!:pistols:
  12. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

Monken has already issued am apology. I can't link from my phone bit it is in the news forum.

Sent from 40 miles past BFE.
  13. xXsUbLimEXx

Banned xXsUbLimEXx Banned

Monken crossed a line by making fun of an opposing team's individual player in the media, if Stoops did this you guys would call it bush league too. Go read the comment, Monken meant it as a dig.
  14. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Cowboy

15. Rack

Rack Deputy

16. TheBigEnforcer

TheBigEnforcer Wrangler

17. colin1497

A/V Subscriber colin1497 Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!

He used an example that he was familiar with and some people are blowing it out of proportion.
    BeatOU likes this.
  18. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

blt_26 likes this.
  19. blt_26

blt_26 Cowboy

Noven likes this.
  20. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Cowboy

cmon guys Tramel is saying Landry would have been picked ahead of Weeden, might be true because Tannehill sucks and got picked ahead of Weeden. Who cares man. Landry Jones I predict drop a bit after his senior year. Jones has a good arm but is not a real winner we'll see.