1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

More of the idiocy that is Glenn Beck...

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Donnyboy, May 31, 2010.

1. JAYBEE

JAYBEE Sheriff

Well said and the more the better so long as the person spreading the crap has the willingness and ability to make it stick. I think Beck offers some pretty impressive background for what he says and his red-phone idea is smart. If anybody disagrees they can call, make an appearance on the show and bring their A game.

2. JAYBEE

JAYBEE Sheriff

Things were very bad in the great depression. But as for Guthrie I didn't care much for his music outside a couple of pieces, they were corny and poor musically. One could probably make a case either way as to his political ideology but the fact that the Hollywood freaks took to him like a duck to water, sure makes me think that they thought he was a commie.

3. RoVerto Solo

RoVerto Solo Banned Banned

4. snuffy

snuffy Deep Thoughts. Staff A/V Subscriber

5. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

Exactly. Criticizing a ruling is completely different than insulting a justice personally. If anything, Roberts was the immature one here. If he can't take that kind of thing, just do what most justices do -- don't show up.

6. RoVerto Solo

Let's refresh everyone's memory that it was not I who used the word insult even though some may consider it an unappropriate time and place when they were sitting there and had sit there silently and could not respond.

He may like to lecture them, but they are his equal and not his law students to talk down to.

7. snuffy

Sorry, that was not directed at you, but the original poster.

8. RoVerto Solo

I know and it's OK.

9. NYC Poke

I don't see how disagreeing with their decision is talking down to them. Stevens used much sharper language in his dissent, but you could hardly say he was talking down to the majority.

10. RoVerto Solo

He wasn't just disagreeing with them. He was literally looking down on them and they had to physically look up. The President and the Supreme Court were guests of both Houses of Congress. That wasn't the place to take issue with the rule of law in my mind. If he had been standing before them in their Court, he would have been standing in contempt of them.

11. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

agreed. I was highly offended by what I thought was his lecturing them.

12. NYC Poke

Thin-skinned much? The SOTU address is the President's show. If he appeared before the Court, it would be their forum.

13. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

So he gets main billing and that gives him authority and the right to dismiss the Supremes? BS. Does he need to have that sort of reinforcement and power play in front of both houses, the Supremes, the Joint Chiefs and the US watching audience? Is this the behavior of the C in C? Have you ever seen another President behave in this way during the State of the Union speech?

14. RoVerto Solo

He is there to report on the State of the Union and outline his legislative agenda and national priorities to Congress. It was not his time to take pot shots at the job the Supreme Court is doing. If he doesn't like the law they are interpreting, then have his Congress write a better law or one more to his tastes.

15. snuffy

Quote:
    "He or she shall from time to time give to Congress information of the State of the Union and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he or she shall judge necessary and expedient. ”

— Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution

I would say that telling Congress about a bad decision and the need to pass a law to stop the possibility of foreign interests from entangling themselves in US affairs would fit that very well.

16. okstateguy987

okstateguy987 Teamo Supremo

It was a completely partisan affair, and it was disgusting. Obama is the most "unPresidential" president in history. He is embarrassing. For being so thin, he sure is full of a lot of hot air. He likes to talk, but rarely do his actions match his words.

17. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

A "bad" decision? Says who? And, there are ways to communicate your displeasure to the Supreme Court without doing it on national tv. It was a typical obama moment, looking down his nose and chastising someone who had the nuts to do something with which he disagreed. I agree with 987, he is the most un-presidential man we've had in the whitehouse that I can think of. Possibly ever.

18. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

Wasn't Obama actually wrong in his statement regarding the decision of the Supreme Court?

19. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal

If Fox news is McDonald's that would make MSNBC a sushi place. It stinks and I don't really believe anybody could like that crap, they just act like they like it because they think it makes them appear cosmopolitan and enlightened. Most of us know better.

20. MSteph57

MSteph57 Territorial Marshal A/V Subscriber

the McNuggets???? :D