Mormon family attacked by Cartel in Mexico has wild history

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
They belonged to a fundamentalist Mormon group called the LeBaron Clan. When the US govt cracked down on polygamy they fled the US to Mexico in the 1940's

In the 1970's and 1980's the head of the family Ervil LeBaron was called the "Mormon Manson"

Ervil shot and killed his brother in 1972 after an argument of leadership of their group. He was convicted, but it was overturned. In 1977 he was arrested again and convicted in the murder of a rival polygamist leader Rulon Allred

in 1993 the group had 3 members convicted of the death of 3 of the former members (one an 8 yr old child) in Texas who had fled the group from Mexico but in the trial it was argued they were expected to have killed 30 former members of the group who had left but couldn't prove it.

In 2009 one of the family members who was an anti violence activist was shot and killed after speaking out against drug Cartels after they had kidnapped his brother and held him for a $1 million ransom.

The LDS is distancing themselves from those killed this week in Mexico saying they were not part of the LDS church.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Ervil shot and killed his brother in 1972 after an argument of leadership of their group. He was convicted, but it was overturned. In 1977 he was arrested again and convicted in the murder of a rival polygamist leader Rulon Allred
Ok, I know it's not SUPPOSED to be funny but please tell me I wasn't the only one that laughed when they read this...

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
So trump offered to assist the President of Mexico in fighting these murderous cartels. Here is a suggestion: make the sale and providing of US made firearms to foreign buyers a federal crime. They get their guns from us. And while you are at it, mr president, why not have that same level of concern for the thousands of Americans who are killed by guns every day here in our own country.

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
That seems very racist to imply that brown people can’t produce guns perhaps some re-education is needed, I suggest Oberlin College in Ohio.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
So trump offered to assist the President of Mexico in fighting these murderous cartels. Here is a suggestion: make the sale and providing of US made firearms to foreign buyers a federal crime. They get their guns from us. And while you are at it, mr president, why not have that same level of concern for the thousands of Americans who are killed by guns every day here in our own country.
You going to arrest Barry O for that little gun running scheme during his administration?

Feb 15, 2007

I get the passion on the gun issue but you might want to check those facts.

Jul 22, 2011
I’m confused. Which one of those murdered women or children was Ervil LaBaron?
Seems a lot like victim-blaming to run interference for the cartel.

As far as guns go, the people who only get shot to death by these animals are the lucky ones.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Theres an easy way to solve this, but it would not be smiled on. As Willie once sang with some no name singing harmony "round up all those bad boys and find a tall oak tree"

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Actually, due to fast and furious, you can thank Obama and holder for most of those guns. I don't believe we've sold them on a regular basis to druglord's before or since. But, you know, facts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Probably "fast and furious" guns supplied by your black jesus and his AG henchman. Good question to be asking yourself is why a great majority of gun deaths are in liberal held bastions of desolation. Take out the democrats killing/shooting democrats and the US is one of the safest countries on earth.

Also in spite of your ridiculously ignorant hyperbole, on average 100 people die by gunfire daily with approximately 300 shot. Subtract the # in your leftist strongholds and see what you get. Troll