1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

My waterfall

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors' started by Jostate, May 30, 2012.

1. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

Built with my own little hands and hauled home every rock and shovel of dirt in the trunk of my infinity. The first pic is from the yard looking towards the patio, you can see the end of the fall on the right. The 2nd pick is the length of the thing. It starts with a fall in the back corner. The 3rd pick is my kid going up the steps to the back fall. The last is a raised area to the right of the patio.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Anaranjado likes this.
  2. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

what do you have growing on the pergola?
  3. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

Purple wisteria. When that blooms and that weepeing cherry tree right by it it looks really nice. I also have a dogwood about halfway down the fall.
  4. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

Some of those rocks look like they weigh more than you do...good job man . And, are you sure you're old enough (and tall enough) to drive a car? :thumbup:
    dds115 likes this.
  5. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

Very pretty. Good work.
  6. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

My Thor hammer gives me strength.
    Cowboy2U and OSU Sig like this.
  7. okstate0303

okstate0303 Cowboy

Very nice. Like the Gnome.
    Do you contract out? I'm looking for something like this in my backyard.
  8. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

Did you notice the OSU rock also? I don't do this stuff for a living and didn't know what I was getting into. I tried to do a little bit each day so I did about 15 minutes a day for about 2 years.
  9. okstate0303

okstate0303 Cowboy

Yes I did and I like how you incorporated it into the rest of the rocks. I just bought my house and have no idea what to do with my acre of trees. An old girl friend is designing something for me, I have no creative bone in my body. In fact I copied the pics so I could show her I want something like this. How long did it take to grow the Wisteras like that?
    Again, nicely done.
  10. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

Those wisterias scare me. I put them in just over a year ago. I jammed them in this Oklahoma clay and may spend the rest of my life fighting them back because they've grown like crazy.

I wish I had your space to work with. I was trying to do too much in a small space. I watched some youtube videos to help learn. The main thing I had going for me is patience. When you only put in a few rocks a day, you put them the way you want. If I had more space it would wind around more.

Just try not to be too uniform in anything. Don't make it go too straight or drop at an even rate. Nature is rarely uniform or straight line so it looks more natural if you can make it look a little random. With more space you could really do something cool. The pump is a 4000 gallon per hour pump.
  11. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

Congratulations on a job well done. You should be proud of your work.
  12. Wayne C

Wayne C Wrangler

Great job! Nothing like doing a job yourself you can be very proud of. (Good looking kid also!) The fruits of hard labor are never taken for granted by those who have shared the experience.
  13. Fugazi

Fugazi Wrangler

That is awesome. Good job. I want to do something similar when my kids get older, but I don't think I could do it as well as you have.
  14. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

Thanks all. If I can do it anyone can. The secret is to not worry about when it gets done. The minute you have a deadline it becomes work and you start rushing things.

One more thing I added that is a little dorky but I like it. Buried in a home depot bucket towards the back is a little family time capsule with a few things that represent that time in our lives, mostly my kid's drawings and stuff like that.
    OSU Sig likes this.