1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football National Signing Day

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by stonewallpoke, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

Stars do matter, and I think I have objective evidence proving it. But they are far from the only thing that matters. Goodness of fit for the program, development within the program, heart and desire, etc. Our 2008/2009 classes were not highly ranked, but they played with a buttload of heart and desire.

The bottom line is that this coaching staff has proved that they can recruit not only highly touted players but guys that fit and work hard and play hard. And this coaching staff, and especially our recruits, deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. It is pretty freaking sad that we have people here pissing and moaning rather than being happy at who we just signed.

2. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal

Agreed. I just think it is a important point to recognize you could have a bunch of 4 star guys and still be ranked lower just because you didn't have as many schollys to use. That's the most flawed part of the ranking to me and something I wasn't aware of until yesterday.

RxCowboy likes this.
  3. ostatecubfan

ostatecubfan Cowboy