NCAA Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Nothing earthshattering out of the first set of games.

Looking forward to the afternoon session. Northeastern over KU seems to be a trendy pick the last day or so. Couldn't happen to a better team, imo.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Belmont and NMST both did some stupid crap that prevented two upsets.

1.) Belmont's guy PICKED UP HIS DRIBBLE WITH THE CLOCK RUNNING DOWN! WTF WAS THAT?!?! He had two guys to pass it to.

2.) The New Mex guy throwing it out was odd, he had the layup. That being said, the guy who got fouled needed to make only two free throws, couldn't do that. And then the play they ran for the final shot was terrible. They needed a short 10-15 footer, but shot an off balance three instead.

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo
Heard a lot about him before the tourney, but stuck here at work listening to the game. Not sure who the analyst is (Wil Perdue, maybe), but he has absolutely raved about the guy being as good as any college player he's seen in a long time.
Nearly has a triple double already with over 13 still to go. Complete player with excellent vision. He’ll improve his 3 pt shot and be a great pro

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I’ll be honest, I don’t follow college basketball much aside from OSU and watching big games Duke/UNC etc, until the dance. I’m shocked to see the level of play the SEC has.
6 teams in, 5 of which are 5 or better. Off to a 4-0 start. This doesn’t include former BBall schools like Arkansas, Mizzou, Vandy.... Pretty crazy.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
I’ll be honest, I don’t follow college basketball much aside from OSU and watching big games Duke/UNC etc, until the dance. I’m shocked to see the level of play the SEC has.
6 teams in, 5 of which are 5 or better. Off to a 4-0 start. This doesn’t include former BBall schools like Arkansas, Mizzou, Vandy.... Pretty crazy.
Yesterday, they (CBS) were talking about the level of play in the SEC and they credited the improved coaching hires as the reason.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Some duds last night, but a couple of really entertaining games also.

Wofford was a fun watch. That one little guy can catch & shoot as quick as anyone.

Nevada. What in the world? Terrible gameplan offensively. Didn't even make Florida guard the paint until they got down 18, then they had success in the paint & nearly came all the way back.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Watch for Ole Miss to get a lot better in the next 2-3 years. Also Alabama. Avery Johnson has a good recruiting class that might get a lot better if they land Trendon Watford (who might go to Memphis instead).