NCAA will permit college athletes to wear patches on their uniforms that promote and support social justice causes.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-will-...-promote-social-justice-causes-174050438.html

The NCAA will permit college athletes to wear patches on their uniforms that promote and support social justice causes.

As approved by the NCAA’s Playing Rules Oversight Panel, athletes in all sports will be permitted to “express support and voice their opinions” in two places on their uniforms: one on the front or sleeve of the uniform or on the nameplate on the back of the uniform — the spot typically reserved for the athlete’s last name.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-will-...-promote-social-justice-causes-174050438.html

The NCAA will permit college athletes to wear patches on their uniforms that promote and support social justice causes.

As approved by the NCAA’s Playing Rules Oversight Panel, athletes in all sports will be permitted to “express support and voice their opinions” in two places on their uniforms: one on the front or sleeve of the uniform or on the nameplate on the back of the uniform — the spot typically reserved for the athlete’s last name.
Just a couple of years ago they outlawed kids putting bible verses below their eye black...not surprising, this move, but interesting in it's joining the country in our all out recent blatant hypocrisy. I will miss the season, but if they allow these kids to tout BLM all over themselves and the Universities hands are tied I might not attend anyway. This is stupid cray cary town....know your audience and if you have no audience this year, know they might not return.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Just a couple of years ago they outlawed kids putting bible verses below their eye black...not surprising, this move, but interesting in it's joining the country in our all out recent blatant hypocrisy. I will miss the season, but if they allow these kids to tout BLM all over themselves and the Universities hands are tied I might not attend anyway. This is stupid cray cary town....know your audience and if you have no audience this year, know they might not return.
Ha, my first thought was 'what a pain in the a## for the already overworked equipment guys.' They're already dealing with all these uni combos, now this.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009

So where does the disclaimer go, that the opinion expressed herein is not that of the school, but solely of the student wearing the uniform.

And, if a student athlete gets shot wearing an "All Lives Matter" or "KKK" patch, is the school liable.

Nov 23, 2007
If I were to play this season my symbol/statement would be an old man shaking his fist at the clouds.

(I’d be in for about half a play before someone faster and stronger dashed in and broke my hip.)

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
When and where were bible verses disallowed?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
When and where were bible verses disallowed?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/346014-tim-tebow-rule-the-ncaa-bans-eye-black-messages

There are those who would criticize Tim Tebow for "forcing his beliefs upon everybody" for not only the Bible verses he writes under his eyes, but also more recently for the Super Bowl ad that he and his mother were a part of on Super Bowl Sunday.

Was Tebow really doing anyone any harm or offending anyone by writing one piece of scripture? Has this country really become that touchy where we're offended by what one person believes?

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I am not apposed to this as long as there isn't a bunch of censoring with it. The real question is will the NCAA allow "NCAA SUCKS" on their nameplate. They better.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Wonder what they'll do when people literally stop watching in huge numbers. I'm still watching what I can, but I've seen a lot of people I know swearing off sports. IDK if they'll stick too it though.