New clear bag policy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
It has been policy at other stadiums for a while. We are "late to the party". It will make the lines move faster getting in the stadium if fans actually get to go to the stadiums this year.
This. My wife already has had a clear bag she bought before we went to a game in Manhattan a few years ago. She uses it at all away games and bowl games. It does make for a much quicker inspection line.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Clear bag policies work for indoor stadiums. However, recalling the last two seasons at BPS and the last game of those seasons, the weather took an awful turn during the game. A clear bag policy means either you leave the game because you don't have all the gear you need for such a turn of events or you don't come at all because you know the weather will be bad. Neither of those choices helps attendance at the stadium.

I would assume this applies to Obrate once we get in there, too? Those February games require a certain amount of gear....unless Obrate is much warmer than Allie P. was.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
my experience is that the clear bag is for purse type things only and they still let you bring in blankets, extra coats and stuff the pockets of the coat with gloves and hats. I've never had them search a coat whether I was wearing it or not.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
my experience is that the clear bag is for purse type things only and they still let you bring in blankets, extra coats and stuff the pockets of the coat with gloves and hats. I've never had them search a coat whether I was wearing it or not.
This. And many times I've had 3-4 disposable ponchos in regular pants pockets. Limits the number of Maker's Mark airline bottles you can wear, but not THAT much.