1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

New Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by pistolsfiring11, Apr 30, 2012.

1. pistolsfiring11

pistolsfiring11 Deputy

:woot:

This is gonna be epic. That is all.

2. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

I didn't care for the first two, but I am interested in this one. I just don't like Bale as Batman. However, I think Hathaway is gold.

3. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Territorial Marshal

I can't wait.

4. okpoke2003

okpoke2003 Sheriff

The Dark Knight is my favorite superhero movie of all time. I think Bale's performances have been really underrated. He's a great Batman, IMO. Can't wait for the final installment.

5. Poke4Real

Poke4Real Territorial Marshal

That's coming out in theaters on my birthday. I need a change of underwear now...

[​IMG]

6. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

So Catwoman and Bane? It also looks like the made Bane a little (read: a lot) more cunning/intelligent than he has been in previous installments. Not sure how I feel about that...

I was also kinda hoping for them to stay out of the major villains. Don't get me wrong, Joker and Two-Face were awesome in the last movie, but I liked some of the more minor villains a whole lot more. I loved that they used the Scarecrow in the first one since he's my all-time favorite. I was hoping for maybe some Killer Croc or Clayface in this movie. At least it's not the Penguin or Mr. Freeze though.

7. SiggyPoke

You liked the portrayal of Bane being as dumb as a rock in Batman and Robin while in the comics, he's the complete opposite?

CTeamPoke likes this.
  8. Philranger

I never read the comics, so my impression of Bane comes from the cartoon series where he was a luchador. I viewed him as more of an exceptional thug rather than a super villain in his own right. Apparently he was different in the comics.

9. SiggyPoke

Yes, in the comics, he's one of Batmans most physically and intellectually powerful foes.

10. MSteph57

MSteph57 Territorial Marshal A/V Subscriber

He broke the dude's back. It was really weird when they teamed up to stop villians that were using Bane's venom serum. /Nerdology :laugh:

11. slingerpoke

slingerpoke Deputy

I have to say that I find that you didn't like The Dark Knight to be very disturbing. I'm sure you have your reasons but I can't think of any. I could maybe understand with Batman Begins-especially if you were a fan of the Burton films but The Dark Knight is one of the best movies regardless of genre.

12. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

It's Bale. I think he was an actor trending at the time and got cast for the first one. I don't think his characterization as Batman or Bruce Wayne is very good. Especially Batman. His stupid "gruff" voice is freaking annoying, and shows no range.

I am interested to see Hathaway though. I think she DOES have the range to play her part very well. She also is very easy to look at.

13. MSteph57

MSteph57 Territorial Marshal A/V Subscriber

I advise you to watch the Machinist to see why Bale got the role. The "Batman Voice" is meant to conceal his identity as noted by Nolan.

14. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

maybe so, but it still sucks. As a member of the audience, I know he is bruce wayne.

15. SiggyPoke

I think Bale plays a much better Bruce Wayne/Batman than both Val Kilmer and George Clooney and ties with that of Michael Keaton.

CTeamPoke likes this.
  16. Lafferty Daniel

Lafferty Daniel Sheriff A/V Subscriber

I've heard several people use this excuse. We all know why he's using that voice, but that doesn't mean that voice doesn't suck. Try disguising it in a different way. You don't have to growl the whole time. The Dark Knight movie was almost perfect, except for his voice.

sc5mu93 likes this.
  17. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

I would agree to the kilmer/clooney, but I think Keaton definitely edges him out.

I also hope they bring Batdance (by Prince) back with this film.

GodsPeace likes this.
  18. Philranger

WHERE'S RACHEL!!!

19. SiggyPoke

If Nolan throws any resemblance of a song by Prince into this movie, I'll never watch anything he directs ever again.

Redhawk likes this.
  20. POPOKE

POPOKE Deputy

This reminded me of the Anzi Anzari stand up:

"Raise your hand if you haven't seen the Dark Knight yet.....WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH ALL YOU PEOPLE? THAT MOVIE IS AMAZING!!!"

CTeamPoke likes this.