New York legislature votes to legalize abortion up to birth, let non-doctors commit abortions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Aug 16, 2012
This is simply disturbing. The fact they invoke Trump as part of the rhetoric is just as concerning. Another example of Dems having no boundaries when it comes to taking shots at Trump.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Kind of hard to argue that it's not a life in the 9th month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS-y9bEqdo

Two Twins after a C-Section...They don't even know they are born yet...The idea that 1 minute before they were born they could have been killed is..well I don't know what else to say other than evil.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS-y9bEqdo

Two Twins after a C-Section...They don't even know they are born yet...The idea that 1 minute before they were born they could have been killed is..well I don't know what else to say other than evil.
Pure evil. God owes Sodom and Gomorrah apologies if he doesn't destroy New York.

Mar 11, 2006
I have been pro-choice my entire life, but this is plain wrong, disgusting, and repugnant. And just evil. As usual with everything they do, Libs take issues way too far.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
"allows licensed health practitioners other than full doctors to commit abortions."

So, now a pharmacist can scrape out a uterus with a coathanger?
“A healthcare practitioner licensed, certified or authorized under Title Eight of the Education Law, acting within his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion…”

Rixaroo

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com
I have been pro-choice my entire life, but this is plain wrong, disgusting, and repugnant. And just evil. As usual with everything they do, Libs take issues way too far.
I was pro-choice (with what I thought was reasonable time limits) from the beginning of my adulthood until my first was born when I was 32. I went to every check up with my wife and the experience completely changed my view. Now I can't fathom anything more than the morning after pill.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Pure evil. God owes Sodom and Gomorrah apologies if he doesn't destroy New York.
So look at how abortion is now legalized in Ireland as of Jan. 1 after citizens there overwhelmingly repealed their country's ban on abortion last May 2018. Abortion on demand is permitted during the first twelve weeks of pregnancy with a three day waiting period. After that where there is a serious risk to the life of, or of serious harm to the health of, a pregnant woman, after examination by two medical practitioners, or in cases of emergency, where there is an immediate serious risk to the life of, or of serious harm to the health of a pregnant woman, after an examination by one medical practitioner, or where two medical practitioners are of the opinion formed in good faith that that there is present a condition affecting the foetus that is likely to lead to the death of the foetus either before, or within 28 days of birth.

Hopefully, if Roe v. Wade is ever overturned that Oklahoma and other states will know from Ireland that banning abortion has serious consequences. Women died. Ireland finally had enough.

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
Don't disagree with you at all. My point though is in regards to general consensus of public opinion, which obviously it isn't.
Honestly I think outside of NY it IS the general consensus. This may be the one thing that pushes some moderate dems out of the crazy house the rest are in. I have friends on the left, NONE agree with this. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Honestly I think outside of NY it IS the general consensus. This may be the one thing that pushes some moderate dems out of the crazy house the rest are in. I have friends on the left, NONE agree with this. NOT A SINGLE ONE.
I was multi-tasking and took some assumptions, I was referring to abortion in general. It's a comment I've made before regarding abortion.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I guess I don't understand when a last minute abortion would be a better situation than an early delivery... Usually when there's something at the end of term that could harm the baby or mother they just induce labor or perform a c-section. What situation would a late term abortion be the "safer" alternative here?? Also, as far as abnormalities that might not let the child live past 28 days, are those not known MUCH earlier than due date??