Nick Starkel - Arkansas to San Jose State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
San Jose State 31 - @Arkansas 24

Starkel 28/50 356 yards 3 TDs 5 Ints

If you can't beat them, join them?

Maybe San Jose State liked the way Starkel connected with their DB's?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm going to be interested in seeing just how the QB transfers shake out over the coming years.

In other words, how many Starkel & David Cornwells do we see leaving blueblood programs (yes, I know it's A&M) & going to non-bluebloods, vs. guys transferring into blueblood programs like Fields & Burrough.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Good questions. I'd think some late offers will be extended to the HSer's when a particular transfer doesn't work out.
Holding back 20% of your spots each year seems odd, but I guess it's a somewhat new landscape, so who knows where it goes from here.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Good questions. I'd think some late offers will be extended to the HSer's when a particular transfer doesn't work out.
Holding back 20% of your spots each year seems odd, but I guess it's a somewhat new landscape, so who knows where it goes from here.
I moved my post to the main board, to see what others think.

My view is OSU will supply the Portal with WR's and QB's because OSU recruits those positions fairly well. OSU will pull in players for the Defensive side of the ball, where OSU recruiting lacks.

I could see a breakdown of 17 HS and 8 JUCO/Portal.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I moved my post to the main board, to see what others think.

My view is OSU will supply the Portal with WR's and QB's because OSU recruits those positions fairly well. OSU will pull in players for the Defensive side of the ball, where OSU recruiting lacks.

I could see a breakdown of 17 HS and 8 JUCO/Portal.
I could see this, for sure, given how vital transfers have been on that side of the ball under Gundy.