Non chain hotels and lodging

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2011
I looked for independent hotels on a recent trip. It is difficult to find a hotel that is not a corporate chain when searching the internet.

I would like to recommend two modestly priced hotels. Both hotels are clean and offer modest accommodations. I am hopeful others will add similar hotels.

Huskier Inn, North Platte, Nebraska

Raton Pass Motor Inn, Raton, New Mexico

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
We've done VRBO all over the country and world. It's not always perfect, but it is always interesting. Usually the places exceed expectations, helps if you're "glass half full" kind of people.

Feb 7, 2011
I have stayed in VRBO's and I have enjoyed the experience. It does require getting approval and arranging the stay.

I am going to add Natchez Trace State Park Lodge in Tennessee. It is a few miles off of I 40, close to Jackson, Tennessee. I have stayed there three times. It is reasonably priced and clean.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
That's the problem with these non-major brand motels. They are un-reliable in regards to being consistantly clean and comfortable. They will advertise breakfast, you get up there the next morning and it's a rock hard biscuit with cold gravy, watered down juice, and you're lucky if the coffee pot has any coffee left.

It would be great if there was a way to know where the good, clean, well serviced indepent mom/pop motels/hotels are. Unfortunately it's for someone passing through and not famaliar with the area it's like a blind man throwing darts at a dart board.