North Korea and United States Summit

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well, cowboyinexile, I think most of the world cares about this. They were threatening to nuke us just six months ago and now we are meeting to attempt to get them to completely denuclearize and they have already dismantled one facility and fired several of their hardliner generals.

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Well, cowboyinexile, I think most of the world cares about this. They were threatening to nuke us just six months ago and now we are meeting to attempt to get them to completely denuclearize and they have already dismantled on facility and fired several of their hardliner generals.
They are always threatening to nuke us only to comply for two seconds when we give them attention. It's just a dog and pony show.

We live in a world where North Korea is our ally and Canada is our enemy. That is really weird

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
It is a dog and pony show, but things have changed recently. The first major change is that NK is now a nuclear state. They either have, or are really super duper close to having, nuclear weapons. In response we have turned up the diplomatic heat even further. So feeling even more heat and having more bargaining power, since they have the weapons, it is a good time for NK to test the waters.

I personally think there is a decent chance that with a few concessions on our part we can get them to cave on the nukes. I just worry that will be all we get. Meaning we will still have a dictator (now sanctioned by us) doing dictator type things in the area of human rights. Similar to the Iran deal. We get want we want on the nuclear aspect, but we don't really address the whole patient.

I actually have faith in Trump on this. This is one if the very few times where I think his particular skill set and unlimited vanity lead us to a deal. Even a partial deal is better than where we were at not too long ago.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
It is a dog and pony show, but things have changed recently. The first major change is that NK is now a nuclear state. They either have, or are really super duper close to having, nuclear weapons. In response we have turned up the diplomatic heat even further.
I personally think there is a decent chance that with a few concessions on our part we can get them to cave on the nukes.
I actually have faith in Trump on this. This is one if the very few times where I think his particular skill set and unlimited vanity lead us to a deal. Even a partial deal is better than where we were at not too long ago.
1528800433680.png
;)

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This is a great start. I hope each country uses this historic first step to start to tone down the rhetoric now which will help to stabilize the global economy a bit.

I like to think the love of a truly American game of basketball and the amazing American culture, with a big shout out to Disney, planted the seeds of embracing the American culture in Kim Jong Un through out his life.

Trump should win the Nobel Prize for this as he was the catalyst that pushed NK to the table. There had been talk of Trump trying to get some truly American cultural experiences "fast food" to be allowed into NK. I hope this can happen in the near future.

My biggest hope is Kim Jong Un will allow the people of his country to experience the same American Cultural icons built by pro sports and Disney that he did growing up and during his reign and his people can experience what America has to offer and a bit of our culture in their nation as a friend and maybe someday as an ally.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They are always threatening to nuke us only to comply for two seconds when we give them attention. It's just a dog and pony show.

We live in a world where North Korea is our ally and Canada is our enemy. That is really weird
That's not the case at all...North Korea, whom we are DEMANDING to remove ALL of their Nukes (basically at the threat of inhalation) and they are agreeing to do so, isn't our ally, and Canada whom we have a very small, in the grand context, war of words "trade dispute" going on with their leader, isn't our enemy.