November 11 temperature records

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
I like to catch the weather broadcast on November 11 because the record high temperature and the record low temperature for that date, this is for Oklahoma City, were set on the same day in 1911. The temperature had reached 83 that day when a cold front blew in and dropped the thermometer to 17 by midnight. I always think about the people back then who woke up to a nice November day with no idea of what was coming.

This is a strong cold front for early November that's blown into Oklahoma today but not nearly as strong as the one in 1911. The forcast for tonight in OKC is 17-18 degrees but the thermometer won't drop there until well after midnight so the records for November 11 are safe from being broken.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I've lived in many places around the country. Almost everywhere they say, "If you don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes and it'll change." Oklahoma is the only place where I've found that to be actually true.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I woke up about 5:30 and it was in the 50's. After I got out of the shower at 6 it was in the 40's and when I left for work at 6:30 it was about 35... That IS kind of amusing to imagine though 100 years ago how they must have reacted. Probably had emergency church services... :D