1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Now we are free to say TTU copies us

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by 65POKE, Jun 15, 2012.

1. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Sheriff

sc5mu93 and CTeamPoke like this.
  2. Kenny Orange Powers

Kenny Orange Powers Deputy

Well that takes the wind out of my sails. I guess ill have to tell taco tech guys to copy osu and start with 2 national championships. Doesn't have the same effect though

swamppoke and Darth Sensitive like this.
  3. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

I would do some research before calling out anyone, just saying!

4. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

At last a sensible reply on the taco tech board. Guy hits it on the head. The quote below with my favorite part in Orange.

I agree; the article was well written,maybe a little hurtfull;but honest. I think this year will tell whether Tech takes a step forward with it's program; or takes a step backwards.This is the year that will let us know what to expect;and if our team can once again compete and get back to where we were.
    OSU did win a big 12 title; we have not. They have won a BCS bowl; we have not been to one. It is time we actually face it that we are behind them right now; and the author of this article was not pro OSU. Those of us at that fiasco last year can see that plainly. We got our arses handed to us at home. They scored so many times I thought their fans arms would give out with all that waving back and forth everytime they scored.
    Now; will we get back what we had;very good question. But; I do think this will be the year that is telling. I agree with the author; Tech needs to step up and be like an OSU. Pains me to say, and I don't like it either; but just keeping it real.

5. Anaranjado

Anaranjado Chicken parm you taste so good A/V Subscriber

i'm sure his fellow tortilla tossers will love reading that one...when keeping it real goes wrong.

Dave_Chappelle_When_keeping_it_Real_Goes_Wrong_In_The_Office.jpg

6. JAYBEE

JAYBEE Sheriff

I went once to a game in Lubbock back in the mid 90s and swore I would NEVER go back. A SUBSTANTIAL PERCENTAGE OF THEIR COLLEGE AGED FANS BEHAVED LIKE THE ANIMALS THEY APPARENTLY ARE. They make OU fans look like participants at an ice cream social (and proud of themselves the Techies apparently were).

Regarding the CFN article, the profanity and raw hatred on their board sticks out like a sore thumb, not to mention their jealousy and delusion at even a hint of our success. If we are successful, its because Pickens bought himself a team, Gundy is a little league coach who lucked out by hiring great assistant coaches, its because we stole their traditions (copyrighted I assume), its a charade and we will soon sink back to the bottom of Marianas Trench where we belong and in the TT mindset it just couldn't be real.

I don't know about anybody else but I don't need to interact with people like that. Anybody who responds to such trite is guilty of throwing gasoline on an open flame, so to speak. Ignoring such stuff is the most effective putdown I know of. I have a very good friend who lived in Lubbock for years and he once said: "Those people can't stand success." I really didn't care enough to ask him for an explanation, so you can figure that one out for yourselves.

7. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

CowboyLance needs to quit posting on Tech and Baylor boards.

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  8. OKCFan

OKCFan Deputy

...you...mean...the...CowboyLance...that does...this... a...lot? :)

seriously though i don't know what the guy would do if he couldn't post on the tek and paylor boards. seems he lives in those places.

9. Brandon36

Brandon36 Sheriff

Tech fans obviously don't get how the College Football world works.