1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

O'Brien to OSU?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by OSUndefeated, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

Well we have three very good QBs competing for the job currently. I would say that's pretty stacked at QB. Pretty much in the same way we say we're stacked at RB.

2. CoreyfreakinlovesOSU

CoreyfreakinlovesOSU Once beat Tyreek Hill in a foot race. A/V Subscriber

Can't compare our RBs and QBs.

Our RBs are proven.

GoPokeU and OSUndefeated like this.
  3. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

That's not even close to being the same. Weeden was already here competing for the job as well. We didn't go out to get him. We are good to go, another unproven QB isn't necessary.

4. Celldweller7

Celldweller7 Territorial Marshal A/V Subscriber

If it happens (and that is the most important part of this post) it tells me the staff is not sold on Chelf and/or Walsh or just doesn't want to create the offense around Walsh's skill set. None of our QBs are really big recruits by the way, especially not Chelf. Not saying that doesn't mean he can't go 26-0 two years as a starter though.

5. Anaranjado

Anaranjado Shaolin Style A/V Subscriber

1 very solid proven backup quarterback
    2 very good high school quarterbacks

WE DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE YET

6. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter A/V Subscriber

Out of these 3 how many have taken an actual snap in a college game? 1

7. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

Have you not liked what you've seen from Chelf? He looks very solid to be and will be, IMO, just as good as Weeden was with very little drop off. Feel the same way about Walsh as well.

8. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

Have you not liked what you've seen from Chelf? He looks very solid to be and will be, IMO, just as good as Weeden was with very little drop off. Feel the same way about Walsh as well.

9. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

Serious question? Chelf has of course.

10. JoshOSU420

Okay, you just gave yourself up. I wondered if you were just trollin'. Now this proves it.

Jonathangpark and Anaranjado like this.
  11. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

That's because at the time they were set at QB.

12. CowboyCookie

CowboyCookie Deputy

This guy was the ACC Rookie of the year his freshman season on a 9-4 team that was 2-10 the year before. He can play. He was also on the preseason Davey O'Brien watch list this year. He is really really good. I think he could come in and start.

13. Anaranjado

no joke. i had to go change my clocks to 420 to keep from blowing up.

bs_21_goat likes this.
  14. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

You're out of your mind if you think I'm trolling. All I do is watch our QBs in warm up, practice and such. I played QB in high school so I can appreciate their skill, and I see good things from our current QBs. You can call me crazy all you want, but our offense will not drop off at all with Chelf or Walsh running the show.

15. Anaranjado

the offense may or may not drop off. what i think we are trying to say is that it is still an unknown so added competition cannot hurt. although chelf may end up being as successful as weeden, i refuse to believe that you know that he is as good just from playing high school football and watching warmups.. sorry.

pocoloco likes this.
  16. JoshOSU420

Wait now, you said Chelf will be "just as good as Weeden"; the best QB in school history. This is different than saying our offense wont drop off much. You can't go back now.

17. LosAngelesCowboy

LosAngelesCowboy Cowboy

For what it's worth, I listen to the Tony Kornheiser show and they discuss Maryland athletics all the time. They have talked about O'Brien leaving at length and think it might cost Edsall his job, because of how important the alumni have felt O'Brien is to being part of their future success. For awhile Edsall wasn't going to let O'Brien leave until bad PR pressured him to grant him his release. This kid is a BIG get for whatever school locks him down from what they say about him.
    As for our QB situation, having a lot of QB's does not equal being "stacked" at QB. We aren't in a USC situation where you have Matt Cassell sitting on the bench behind Matt Lienart. Chelf has looked average at best in his clean up time this year. And Walsh and Lunt are still quite young and inexperienced.
    Our team is still loaded at RB and WR. If the coaches think they can get a kid that can come right in and keep our team at it's recent level, they are going to do it every time. Especially when you see what Russell Wilson did for Wisconsin last year.
    If this happens, I will be very excited.

CTeamPoke and Anaranjado like this.
  18. Captain America

Captain America Cowboy

I'm not going back on anything what-so-ever I stand by saying that Chelf will be just as good, which also means the offense will not drop off.

And I can believe it, and here is why. We all remember the Colorado game where Weeden shined. I can put my hand on the bible, and look you in the eye and swear that I said from watching Weeden during warm-ups that he should start over Cate.

19. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Wow. Weeden is going to go on to be a NFL starter. If you think Chelf will come in and produce the same success that Weeden did right off the bat with no drop of (if he even wins the job!) you are delusional. They really aren't even that similar as QB's. Chelf is more mobile, but does not have close to the arm-strength that Weeden does. How can you say that a player that has only had minimal game experience in mop up duty is going to be just as good as an All-Big 12 and at one point Heisman contending QB in his first season as a starter?

You have yet to explain to me why adding a quality QB to the roster would be a bad idea. It will push every QB to be better. What is the negative of that?

20. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Bingo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.