Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I do not agree. I do not think it was "stupid" politics. The Black Lives Matter issue is incredibly relevant, and hardly something I would qualify as "stupid." 57% of college football players are Black. Only 13% of the US population is Black. Therefore, with the current system in college football as not paying players any stipend, and punishing them for seeking compensation while dangling the carrot of riches in the form of an NFL draft when only 2% of them ever go pro - calling it "stupid" is tone deaf.
It is stupid politics man...plus this is a sports board...so take it to the other board if you want to talk politics.

Dec 6, 2013
You can’t win if you can’t block anybody and you play 2 qtrs with a QB in waaay over his head.

Blaming Gundy is just ridiculous. There’s little or nothing Gundy could have done to change the outcome folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those 2 quarters were
You can’t win if you can’t block anybody and you play 2 qtrs with a QB in waaay over his head.

Blaming Gundy is just ridiculous. There’s little or nothing Gundy could have done to change the outcome folks.

and yet, that backup QB was the only QB who could score anything.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Agree but those bedlam games carry A LOT of weight. We’ve now blown, what 3-4 conf titles because of them?
Gundy expects ou to be the champs...secretly he is still the kid who rooted for ou in school and wants them to be the champs..he never best ou even with Thurmond Thomas and Barry Sanders so his ego hates the idea of any OSU quarterback doing what he couldn’t do..I mean, how could anyone beat ou if the great mike gundy couldn’t do it.

He. Has. To. Go.

We can get to the meineke car care bowl every year or get to the playoffs once every 5 years...gundy is good for the car care bowl—he will NEVER make the playoffs....

Book it

R Dub

Greenhorn
Oct 24, 2020
Idaho
Gundy has been great for OSU...I’d be fine if they build him a statue. But also, it may just be time for a change. We are no longer innovative or ahead of the curve on offense, which is what carried us for so many years. Gundy develops players very well but has given up on going after the top recruits. He does more with less than about anymore. But at some point as an organization there has to be a change if u become stagnant. I know OU beats most everyone, but most everyone is not their arch rival...2-14 is just not ok. I would love to see us bring in someone with a lot of energy and belief that it can be done...who comes to the new hire press conference and steps to the podium and says we have to beat OU, that’s the priority. We may never have another coach as good as Gundy but at some point we have to see if someone can take to another level and also beat OU every once and a while.

Nov 14, 2010
So....
If you're Hubbard and you're a touch hurt, now that we arent playing for anything, do they shut it down?

We're getting ready to see what the relationship is really like between Gundy and his players

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
So....
If you're Hubbard and you're a touch hurt, now that we arent playing for anything, do they shut it down?

We're getting ready to see what the relationship is really like between Gundy and his players
Hubbard shut it down some time ago. But I agree with your sentiments with the other players.

Apr 7, 2006
Agree but those bedlam games carry A LOT of weight. We’ve now blown, what 3-4 conf titles because of them?
I dont see how we could say we "blew" a conference title in this game. We weren't supposed to win. OU was the better team. They completely dominated the line of scrimmage. We blew the Texas game this year and we've blown Bedlam in other years but this year I just think we lost to a better team and Gundy looked like he threw in the towel early. (Hell, I threw in the towel when we went down 14-0 and threw an interception. )

drbwh

Territorial Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Gundy expects ou to be the champs...secretly he is still the kid who rooted for ou in school and wants them to be the champs..he never best ou even with Thurmond Thomas and Barry Sanders so his ego hates the idea of any OSU quarterback doing what he couldn’t do..I mean, how could anyone beat ou if the great mike gundy couldn’t do it.

He. Has. To. Go.

We can get to the meineke car care bowl every year or get to the playoffs once every 5 years...gundy is good for the car care bowl—he will NEVER make the playoffs....

Book it
Yep THISSSSSS

Aug 16, 2012
Miles (2-2) vs ou
Simmons (3-3) vs ou
Both with rust bucket stadium and terrible facilities.

Gundy (2-14) with the best facilities the program has ever had.

It's time to give another coach an opportunity with these facilities.
Well, Arroyo would have been a name and Nevada is clearly just a foot in the D1 door for him...but he is 0-4 right now. But with facilities and a decent program, who knows? Pick off the tree young before he shows success that opens up better doors?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Give ANY COACH Boones resources and see what happens.

Gundy sucks. He is average at best
a ton of coaches had and have "Boones resources" and more...in our conference both Texas and OU have more and have had more for 50 plus years. 1/2 the teams in the SEC have more. It's a fallacy to say that any other coach would have done better when coaches here just haven't...JJ was 0-5 against ou and lost in 1980 63-14...PJ was 0-10-1 with two hall of famers at the same time in his backfield and got shut out in 1993 31-0. We were able to gain some traction in the 90's under Simmons and Miles, mostly due to ou having really bad years, but Miles beat them a few times when they were good and that earned him a ticket to LSU...where he won a title...but is now washed up and at basement dweller KU. Point being, no coach in our history has been great vs ou and most have been measurably bad...just like HCMG.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
So....

Hubbard shut it down some time ago. But I agree with your sentiments with the other players.
I don’t know how you watched the game tonight and can say Hubbard shut anything down this year.

Backs can’t run the ball when they can’t get a read because there’s defenders behind the LOS in their face as soon as they’re handed the ball.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You're the one that brought up politics, for one. Second, it is highly relevant to CFB in the current environment. So, no. I will not recant my statements. If you do not accept my premise, then you have some reflection to do.
You are on the wrong board to discuss it...and no I do not accept your premise...sports is supposed to bring us together but culture and politics have made it something to divide us. It will not survive as long as it's that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.