Official Game Thread: Texas vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2016
US
I have a bad feeling about this game. Or maybe it's just because I found out yesterday that my now ex-girlfriend was a Hoover vacuum cleaner for pretty much every dude in the tri-state area. Such is life.

Beer? Check.

Grill going? Check?

I'm gonna watch Oklahoma State whip up on some longhorn tail? Let's do this, baby!

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I have a bad feeling about this game. Or maybe it's just because I found out yesterday that my now ex-girlfriend was a Hoover vacuum cleaner for pretty much every dude in the tri-state area. Such is life.

Beer? Check.

Grill going? Check?

I'm gonna watch Oklahoma State whip up on some longhorn tail? Let's do this, baby!
Ummm... you found out while she was a girlfriend, not after a 20yr marriage... I’d say today is a damned good day for you sir!!!

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
If anyone watched ISU at KU, a few observations:
  1. KU freshman QB is talented. Smart and athletic. Hope his leg injury (knee?) isn’t serious.

2. Breece Hall is a beast. If you didn’t notice last week, or before.

3. Halftime comments about our game against UT were frustrating. They played some good cop/bad cop. Leinart and Bush talked up our triple threat on offense and the strength of our defense. Then Meyers and Brady Quinn (?) took pit shots. Quinn said if Texas wins today, they’re still in it and could end up in the conference championship game in a rematch with... not us, but OU. Urban Meyer then says we haven’t played anyone and they can start talking about our defense tomorrow if we can stop Texas. Then asks how many Big XII championships we’ve won. One. And made a wisecrack about that.
How much respect do we get?

Nov 18, 2010
Biggest game in recent OSU history about to start.
OSU all alone at the top of the big 12, OU and Texas both have 2 losses already.

It's been a long time since we were in a position this good midseason.

Let's goooooo!

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If anyone watched ISU at KU, a few observations:
  1. KU freshman QB is talented. Smart and athletic. Hope his leg injury (knee?) isn’t serious.

2. Breece Hall is a beast. If you didn’t notice last week, or before.

3. Halftime comments about our game against UT were frustrating. They played some good cop/bad cop. Leinart and Bush talked up our triple threat on offense and the strength of our defense. Then Meyers and Brady Quinn (?) took pit shots. Quinn said if Texas wins today, they’re still in it and could end up in the conference championship game in a rematch with... not us, but OU. Urban Meyer then says we haven’t played anyone and they can start talking about our defense tomorrow if we can stop Texas. Then asks how many Big XII championships we’ve won. One. And made a wisecrack about that.
How much respect do we get?

Actually true. If we stuff TX then we can believe the hype about our D. It has looked good so far I agree, but let's see.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I remember a Halloween game against Texas in BOS that was 90 by the 3rd quarter. There was a kid in the west end zone wearing pumpkin on his head. I felt sorry for The people around him because he never took it off and by the md it seemed ripe.

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I remember a Halloween game against Texas in BOS that was 90 by the 3rd quarter. There was a kid in the west end zone wearing pumpkin on his head. I felt sorry for The people around him because he never took it off and by the md it seemed ripe.
I always imagined wearing a real pumkin on your head would be gross, ripe or fresh.