Official Game Thread: Texas vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
If someone has mentioned this earlier, I apologize. But ....has anyone talked about how no one throws against Rodarius Williams? The dude is an island. He has to be in the running for first team all American.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It's not all Sanders' fault. He does have a super weak O-line. The problem is that Gundy is too committed to a run-first offense, and he flat-out REFUSES to adjust, even if it's not working. It's the Daxx Garman offense with a more talented QB, and it has no chance to get us to elite levels without an elite O-line.
I beg to differ. This is not the Daxx offense, its the old Zac Attack/Bobby Reid offense that made Gundy famous for drawing up plays on the sideline at Missouri. Its pedestrian, its nowhere near the air raid. Don't blame the O-Line for bad running decisions, stupid passes and faulty logic. No line can block the amount of bodies coming due to our ignorant run first basis that comes with an RPO qb.

Nov 14, 2010
The interception was totally Sanders fault. You throw the pass to the outside AWAY from coverage, not inside into coverage. The ball was behind the receiver and the defender didn't even have to make a play, simply catch the ball that was thrown right to him.

Totally Spencer's fault. He has to be able to feel the pressure so he can tuck the ball and run OR throw it away. You can't stand back there holding the ball up just waiting for someone to knock it out of your hand. He wasn't even close to throwing the ball yet.
Sanders was 100% in the middle of his throwing motion

I've included the still of him in his throwing motion right before he got hit

He took the snap at :37 and was in mid throwing motion at :34 when he got blind sided.

Pretty amazing that a qb can be delivering the ball at 3 seconds, then get blind sided in the middle of the throwing motion and get blamed for that

But....
Whatever

Thats the life of a qb I guess

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Let's remember the Weeden experience accurately. Weeden was not played in Norman after the most exciting half of football in Boone Pickens Stadium due to the loyalty to a starter that had been injured. If ZR had been a Jr then Weeden would not have seen the field again. Its a joke, you aren't playing little league, but that seems to be our methodology.
Weeden played in Dana and post Dana (Todd Monken era) Offense not Mike Gundy Offense.

Gundy concept of balance is Run-Pass Ratio, where the running is centered around a Running QB, and on a star TB while the passing is to a stared stud WR target. (the Woods brothers, Bowman, Dez Bryant etc.)

Dana taught us to balance the passing to multiple WRs....

Nov 14, 2010
In terms of the int....
I've already shown the picture of the receiver stumbling out of his break, and stumbling to the sideline

The play was a timing route

Which means the qb has to throw the ball before the receiver makes his break.

There is no way a qb can anticipate a receiver not turning around, then stumbling out of his break towards the sideline.

The reason the DB had such an easy play os because the receiver was trying to regain his balance after stumbling and had no ability to make a play on the ball.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010
In terms of the fumble with Hubbard

Heres a picture of the play right after the fumble

Notice that all the 2 receivers to the top are blocking so its not a play action pass or an RPO because those 2 receivers are blocking.

Next point to note.....
Every D Lineman is being blocked

Meaning.....its not a zone read/read option play because there is no unblocked player on the play to read.

So....
It wasnt a play action pass and it wasn't a zone read/read option

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Weeden played in Dana and post Dana (Todd Monken era) Offense not Mike Gundy Offense.

Gundy concept of balance is Run-Pass Ratio, where the running is centered around a Running QB, and on a star TB while the passing is to a stared stud WR target. (the Woods brothers, Bowman, Dez Bryant etc.)

Dana taught us to balance the passing to multiple WRs....
You are a year late with DH. Weeden's first game appearance was a year before Holgerson. Besides my point was the offense we are using now is nothing like the Holgerson/Monken offense

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I beg to differ. This is not the Daxx offense, its the old Zac Attack/Bobby Reid offense that made Gundy famous for drawing up plays on the sideline at Missouri. Its pedestrian, its nowhere near the air raid. Don't blame the O-Line for bad running decisions, stupid passes and faulty logic. No line can block the amount of bodies coming due to our ignorant run first basis that comes with an RPO qb.
You're right. I need to be more specific. I'm saying that Gundy refuses to utilize anything but a run-first philosophy (or run to setup the pass) and won't deviate from that regardless of the personnel or gameflow. He thinks it's 1988.

I saw an interview with Pete Carroll yesterday, and the interviewer asked him why he's shifted from a strong defensive team to a more potent offensive team. Carroll said something like, "That's the personnel we have, and we're trying to leverage the talent we have on the roster to maximize our potential. It's all about finding the right approach for the guys you have, not sticking to a rigid philosophy." And that's what elite coaches do. They maximize potential by adapting philosophies to personnel or gameflow.

This rigid run-first mentality that Gundy sticks to is holding our teams back in a major way. How many games have we seen Gundy force us to run slow-developing run plays to the short side of the field with a super weak O-line? Too many! You can do that if you have Barry Sanders or an elite O-line, but if you don't have those things, then it's just not going to cut it against the best teams. We've seen it season after season, and it's ridiculous.

Jun 14, 2011
I saw several times yesterday, where Wallace it another receiver was wide open for about 4 seconds, instead of throwing to them, sanders didn't even look and either tucked and ran into a tackle or threw into a miss. By the 4th second the cover man had caught up to Wallace. This included a route into the endzone that would have easily resulted in a touchdown. He stared down receivers and didn't even go into any kind of progression that included Wallace those times.
I believe Shane would have not only looked to Wallace first, if for no other reason than to draw off some coverage on the other side of the field, but if he threw to Wallace he would have made it before the cover man got there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I noticed this too. More specifically, SS was staring down his intended reciver as soon as he had the ball in his hands and then not checking down at all. With the talent we have out wide, he should be looking to spread the wealth way more than we currrently are, even though I know Wallace is a monster.