1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ok State football cancels Air Force

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by POISON, Jul 12, 2012.

1. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

This. My girlfriend and I were already planning this trip!!!!
  2. WorldseriesofPoke

WorldseriesofPoke Cowboy

When we schedule "lesser" teams we get a 2-1. When we schedule BCS schools it will be a home and home. We would have to trade some home games to get better teams. I don't mind scheduling a good team on the road when we have 5 home conf games, but not when we only have 4.
    Anaranjado likes this.
  3. Pistolp

Pistolp Wrangler

NOW we get 1-1 with BCS teams. It wasn't many years ago that some of the non-conf Big Boys wanted us to schedule 2-1 at their field.
  4. WorldseriesofPoke

WorldseriesofPoke Cowboy

Remember when we used to be homecoming for schools like Michigan and Tenn (not sure if we were actually homecoming, but they bought us for one game without a return). Heck, I want to schedule Tenner and kick them in the nards while they are down.
    Anaranjado likes this.
  5. wook

wook Cowboy

This is bad news.
  6. brianwr

A/V Subscriber brianwr Cleared direct Dikas

Dang, I too, was really looking forward to this series.
  7. Kramer

Kramer Cowboy

When it comes to non-conference, I just want wins and home games! I don't care who the opponent is.
  8. Orange Superman

Orange Superman Cowboy

Im Good with it. Preparing for the option takes too much time out of a limited number of practices. It hurts your defense when you only face that offense one time on your schedule and spend less time preparing for the other more regular offenses. Not saying we should schedule cupcakes. But if I was doing the schedule i would stay away from the military schools, Georgia Tech and the Mormon schools.
    Anaranjado likes this.
  9. Dez4Prez2012

Dez4Prez2012 Cowboy

This grinds my gears. Our OOC is terrible those years now. Plus, strength of schedule is going to matter now in determining playoff teams. Keep Air Force, get rid of a scrub.
    cowboys18TJ Poke likes this.
  10. Pistolp

Pistolp Wrangler

I agree, we owe them a beat down.
  11. Orangerules

Orangerules Cowboy

Heck, we owe nearly everybody a beat down.
  12. osufreak777

osufreak777 Cowboy

I would love to play some bigger teams. I thought the Georgia game was one of the most fun of my life. It would just be a lot more fun to play Oregon than Savannah St, Central Arkansas, Lamar, and South Alabama.
  13. LS1 Z28

LS1 Z28 Cowboy

This actualy happened quite awhile ago. I remember hearing about it toward the start of last football season. If the mainstream media would read orangepower.com they would be much better informed.
    I heard that the split wasn't mutual & Air Force was upset that we cancelled. That's why thier coach screwed us over in the final coaches poll. Air Force averages blowing one opposing players ACL per game. So when we had to drop a game for the nine game Big 12 schedule they were the obvious choice.

For the longest time I thought that it was important that we had atleast one BCS level school to play in the non-con schedule. But now we have a nine game conference schedule so that one game has been replaced with TCU or WVU. So I'm not so deadset on playing a BCS level school out of conference every year.
    RolandDeschain likes this.
  14. Golden

Golden Cowboy

I would like to see another series with Troy.

Probably not going to happen but it is one of the few I would get to attend.
  15. PeteCarving

PeteCarving Cowboy

Jenny? Is that you?
  16. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Wrangler

Hate to see this! Only a 6 hour drive to Colorado Springs. They are also alot of fun to watch and they would not match well with us and we would blow them out!
  17. Hefley001

Hefley001 Cowboy

18. OStateMan

Banned OStateMan Banned

Would have loved to go down to The Springs for an OSU game.
    UTSA and Central Ark must really need the money.
    Plus, let's look at our exposure to potential recruits. Many more in Arkansas and Texas than the Front Range.
    Still, would have loved to have visited the AFA and watched their traditions.
  19. Poke4Christ

Poke4Christ Cowboy

Scheduling D-IAA Schools (yes I know that's not what they are called anymore, but the new name is dumb) isn't the fault of the schools that do it. It's the NCAA's fault for allowing it. They need to require that D-IA schools only schedule D-IA schools.
  20. JHaganOSU

JHaganOSU Cowboy

I agree with this idea, but man, it was fun to see App State take down Michigan a few years back...
    GoSTATE likes this.