1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Oklahoma City, a franchise that represents everything wrong with professional sports

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by OUgradJeff, May 21, 2012.

1. OUgradJeff

OUgradJeff Cowboy

"Oklahoma City, a franchise that represents everything wrong with professional sports." - Jonathan Tjarks, SB Nation.

This guy had other golden nuggets of insight in that article such as, "The NBA barely survived the 1980s, when the Boston Celtics and L.A. Lakers played in several NBA Finals that small-market fans from around the country refused to watch as a matter of principle." The popularity of the NBA actually skyrocketed in the 1980s...

So, am I biased, or is this guy just an idiot?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/3/2994669/lebron-james-miami-heat-kentucky-aau-revolution]Lebron
  2. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Link doesn't work for me.
  3. OUgradJeff

OUgradJeff Cowboy

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/3/2994669/lebron-james-miami-heat-kentucky-aau-revolution

Oops, sorry, I screwed up the link in the first post.
  4. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Idiot. Gotta be someone from the left coast who thinks there's nothing in 'flyover country" but cowboys and indians. F-him. Let's kick some left coast butt TONIGHT! THUNDER THE HELL UP!!!
  5. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Oh and since your name is oujeff you're also biased. :D
  6. OUgradJeff

OUgradJeff Cowboy

His bio on that website says his writing career has been in Texas (Dallas Morning News, Austin American Statesmen, etc...)
  7. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Interesting. Didn't read that part. Guess that makes him an idiot from Texas!
  8. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Cowboy

He really isn't blaming the team or the city for anything, just the ownership group. Maybe he accuses the team of not being as awesome as Tebow.
  9. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Probably could have made his point without this:
    Oklahoma City, a franchise that represents everything wrong with professional sports
  10. wyzone

wyzone Wrangler

Jelousy...that's all. And I did not read what the loser has to say. His idiotic statement said it all......
  11. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

Swept the Mavs, incurred the wrath of a Texan with a keyboard.
  12. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Deputy

I've seen a number of people on my Twitter feed who are die hard Mavs fans state last night that they wanna see the Thunder beat the Spurs.

13. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

So the Thunder is the lesser of two evils? :D
  14. JoshOSU420

A/V Subscriber JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter

Didnt read the whole article. But I have no doubt that Professional Sports is sometimes a dirty game. Large amounts of money being tossed around. Seattle lost the team by not funding them, plain and simple. Clay was just the bad guy. Now we all know that Clay saying he wanted to keep the team in Seattle was a REAL stretch but hey, don't hate the player, hate the game. The behind the scenes stuff would be happening no matter what team is where; so I have no problem with OKC getting in the mix. May as well boost our economy if we can. Looks like Aubrey and Chesapeake have been into some shady stuff here lately as well. They are no doubt in damage control right now.
  15. CowboyAdam

CowboyAdam Wrangler

hes the guy that asked russell westbrook is harden a max player lol