Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
Oklahoma State Cowboys
(4-2, 0-1 Away)

vs.

Minnesota Golden Gophers
(5-1, 2-0 Home)

Time: 9pm CT Friday 11/30
TV: Big Ten Network

OSUvsMinn.jpg

HolyGuacamole

Guacamole Eater
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Win and be ranked?
I don't think so. I can't imagine we'd get into the Top 25 before January...and that would only happen if we go on about a 10 game winning streak. That loss to Charlotte, even though it was without Cunningham and Weathers, is going to hurt us all year.

I haven't got to see any of Minnesota this year, but they do have wins over Texas A&M, Utah, and Washington. So a win tonight would certainly be a good win.

These next 4 games are big: Minnesota, @Tulsa, Houston, and Nebraska. We really need to win at least 3 of those 4 to help complete our nonconference resume.

HolyGuacamole

Guacamole Eater
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Kind of weird we're tipping off at 9 pm in a central time zone game. Wonder if there's a game before ours?
There is. This is basically a rehearsal for the Final Four which will be played there later this season.

Mar 27, 2008
There are some interesting match-ups in this one.

One of them will be the battle of the freshman big men. OSU's starting 6'10" Freshman Center Yor Anei and the Gophers starting 6'10" Freshman Center Daniel Oturu.

We also have to keep Minnesota's Senior Forward Jordan Murphy off the glass. Murphy averages a double-double and is one of the top defensive rebounders in the nation. Both McGriff and Anei will have to play smart on defense because Murphy is also one of the best in the nation at drawing fouls.