1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Oklahoma State Football: The All-Time Dream Team

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by osucowboysr1, Aug 16, 2012.

1. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

Yep if you look above I said Keith Burns, might be the best LB ever to play at Oklahoma State, well him and John Corker.

2. OState77

OState77 Cowboy

I would have to give some consideration at LB along with the automatic John Corker to Cleveland Van. Also on the list for consideration would be Mike Hudson's older brother Jesse Hudson. Along with Mark Moore and Markelle Martin one of the hardest hitters I have seen. He too was a Linebacker.

3. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

If you want to see why Leslie O'Neil and Mark Moore belong on the list....

BeatOU likes this.
  4. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

5. sherk fan forever

sherk fan forever Greenhorn

well they missed my all time 2 favorite players jerry sherk and leslie oneal. My dad died 2 years ago, he would have been stark raving mad about his all time fav Walt Garrison not being on there. He was a Unitas fan, hated the cowboys, until they got walt. LOL

6. sherk fan forever

Ok sorry let me say they did put Oneal on there. But no Dexter Manley?

7. BeatOU

BeatOU GGBTW Staff A/V Subscriber

At first, I thought you said "Rob Brown" and I was like, "wait what?" :p

8. BeatOU

BeatOU GGBTW Staff A/V Subscriber

We don't talk about Voldemort.

9. sherk fan forever

Robert Turner was the fullback for Terry Miller. He is the #1 back in a season for no yards lost. I think I remember (without looking it up) Turner never lost a yard in his career. Also Milton Hardaway was a huge offensive lineman that blocked for Terry Miller. He went on to make all pro at San Diego. I am a nurse that lived in San Antonio in about 2000 when Milton was my patient. I had a lot of fun those couple of days. He was extremely impressed with my memories of that team. He told me Robert Turner was a preacher at least in 2000 he was. Ok one last input. Ricky Young I would say is the number 2 linebacker. He was the second coming of John Corker. Wow, if corker hadnt have hurt that knee, he might have been in the nfl hall of fame.

10. sherk fan forever

By the way, there was an award called the bulldog award in the 70s for nfl defensive linemen. It was voted by the offensive linemen of the nfl on who they thought was the hardest defensive lineman to take on was. Jerry Sherk won it twice.

11. sherk fan forever

When OSU played Nebraska in 1984 (I think) Nebraska not only had there version of the triplets with Gill, Rozier, and Fryar, they also had either Rimington or Steinkueler the outland trophy winner. Leslie Oneal was against him all game and wore hiss butt out, bad. Anyway Mark Moore was a freshman and gave up 2 big td plays to Fryar. That was about all that damn offense of the century did that day. We lost 14-10. 1st series of the game they started at the 20 and ended up back about 10 or 11 yards. LOL Gill looked at Osbourne like what the hell is going on? who are theses guys? Funny stuff. That said Mark Moore learned from that day and went on to become an all american. He deserves to be there.

12. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

Fewest Yards Lost in a Season. There are three of them who hold this record at zero yards lost. Here they are with the number of carries (minumum 50 carries).

Robert Turner 185 (1975)
    Walt Garrison 59 (1963)
    Lee Cook 51 (1951)

Robert Turner shows up at #21 career rushing yards at 1861 yards (4.9 average)
    Walt Garrison shows up at #17 career rushing yards at 2,041 yards (4.5 average)

They will both drop a spot this season to J. Randle who has 1,668 yards (5.9 average)

Note: Randle with two 1,000 yard seasons the next two years will pass Barry Sanders for career yards and move into 5th place or higher. Randle is averaging 5.9 yards per carry and when it's all said and done (given he remains healthy and two more years at OSU) Randle will be near the top if not own many career rushing and scoring records at OSU...... While we have all mostly been focused on Blackmon and Weeden we're seeing one of the greatest career players in OSU history folks.

13. extxokpoke

extxokpoke Cowboy

George Palmer was the best running FB IMHO...loved that wishbone (never saw Walt until he was with Dallas) The D also should include Moore, Monger, Young, Vann, and O'Neal. All of those guys were fierce hitters.

14. 3pointbomber

3pointbomber Deputy

I thought Jason Gildon would on this list at LB.