Oklahoma State University is not committed to basketball success

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
We have not made a Sweet 16 since 2004-05.

Annually we're in the bottom clump of teams in the Big 12 with Iowa State and TCU

We aren't developing NBA Players - Only Marcus Smart.

We aren't hiring established coaches - 1) Travis Ford left/was shown the door to coach in the Saint Louis and hasn't been back to a big program, 2) Brad Underwood seemed to be a good hire at the time, but time has shown he's more suited for mid-majors, 3) Mike Boynton says all the right things, but never coached before coming here, and hasn't won while here.

I think we can do better.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
We have not made a Sweet 16 since 2004-05.

Annually we're in the bottom clump of teams in the Big 12 with Iowa State and TCU

We aren't developing NBA Players - Only Marcus Smart.

We aren't hiring established coaches - 1) Travis Ford left/was shown the door to coach in the Saint Louis and hasn't been back to a big program, 2) Brad Underwood seemed to be a good hire at the time, but time has shown he's more suited for mid-majors, 3) Mike Boynton says all the right things, but never coached before coming here, and hasn't won while here.

I think we can do better.
4) Lack of fan support. Sure we're not winning like we want but, are we as fickle as ou fans?!?

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo
Talk to me at this point next season. Boynton wasn’t dealt the best hand. I guess you could argue he made some bad recruiting decisions.. but unless there were red flags waving over these dudes you just don’t know. Just give him time, I’m confident he’ll fix this.

Feb 27, 2018
IA
Whats the point of another one of these threads or to keep bringing this up? Go over to the 30 page "The time for a basketball coaching change is now" thread. Are any of us happy about starting 0-8? Well f**k no. There's not anything we can do about it now. They are starting to win a couple of games, and playing with more effort. Give it a damn rest.

Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK
This thread is about 4 games too late, Moving in a positive direction, and we have a chance to beat a top 25 ranked team tomorrow. It’s almost like you want us to lose tomorrow.

A little over halfway in conference. HCMB does have the chance to turn it around. Please support the team when we win against Tech tomorrow afternoon.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Not "baiting", not arguing - just a point to ponder.

Why would OSU have spent the huge amount of money to remodel and expand GIA if they did not intend to be successful in basketball? I think it was evident that wrestling success alone wouldn't carry the $$ load. I guess you could fault some of the execution, but not the intent for success.

Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK

Why would OSU have spent the huge amount of money to remodel and expand GIA if they did not intend to be successful in basketball? I think it was evident that wrestling success alone wouldn't carry the $$ load. I guess you could fault some of the execution, but not the intent for success.
We were in a projection of success. At the time it was really hard to get into a game those days, so it made sense to expand due to demand to watch Cowboy basketball. No one would ever thought that Coach Sutton would have looming personal issues that would cost him to be removed from the programs. No one thought that we would be struggling in basketball for 16 years. You can’t blame them for making that decision as it was a rather great idea at the time.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

That was before Holder was at the helm.