1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Olympic soccer qualifying, US in must win situation

Discussion in 'Non-OSU Sports Discussion' started by fig96, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Deputy

Changes take time. How long has JK been in charge? He's already made some minor tweaks to the youth system, but you can't overhaul a system overnight. When Arena and BB were coaching, I felt like we needed some international blood to run our program. I finally got that wish when JK was hired (many others felt the same way).

And have you seen JK's last two games (Slovenia and Italy)? We did a much better job at possessing. It's in JK's style to possess and not just kick it up the field. We played defend, dump and chase for years and years under Arena and BB. We had a mentality that we could counter on anyone, and sometimes it worked. Now, we're trying to flip the style completely. Did you honestly think we could change our style in the first 9 months under JK?

2. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Deputy

The same guy that I muted half of the time when he called soccer games on ESPN...

3. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Banned Banned

Never said that. A) Can you really say we are playing possession soccer? I'll bet you 20 bucks we didn't out-possess Italy. I don't even have to look, I know we didn't. What are these minor tweaks?

Again, show me facts from the USDL or somewhere that show we are actually starting to do this.

My buddy did this senior sem two weeks ago and researched for 5 months with no signs of changes (Obviously, this was after JK).

4. pokesinvegas02

Fascinating. Your personal hatred towards Harkes has nothing to with what he knows (more than you and most people) about US Soccer and its youth system.

5. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Deputy

Where did I say we out-possessed Italy? I said we did a much better job at it....

6. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Deputy

Lighten up...

7. pokesinvegas02

? What makes you think I am not light. I'm just stating facts while you guys are stating opinions.

60-40? That seems about our average.

8. pokesinvegas02

Im tired of arguing, we're depressed enough we didn't make the olympics.

Gonna be able to watch Champs League today? Who is your favorite club?

9. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

There was a thread on here in the past few months talking about how the Youth Development clubs are getting much more serious. I tried to find it but I can't.

Here's another example of some changes occurring.

http://m.ussoccer.com/News/Development-Academy/2011/12/111203-TA-Advisor.aspx

Nothing monumental, but things are changing.

10. GIA

GIA Greenhorn

so what you are saying is because soccer or futbol has been the national sport of such countries as England , Brazil, Argentina, italy, France, spain, etc, etc since the dawn of man that the U.S should stop playing the sport, not sure what to say but this may cover it:whistle::huh::huh::facepalm::facepalm::poo::poo::confused::rolleyes: :popcorn:

11. pokesinvegas02

Thank you for your valuable contribution GIA.

Thanks for the link OSUndefeated I'll check it out when I get home and show the roommate.