1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

One Week Until Bow Season!!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors' started by tlyn44, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Slugger926

Slugger926 Cowboy

All I got on my game cam for the past couple of weeks were lots of pigs, a few coyotes, and immature deer that need 3 or 4 years of growth.

Didn't see a darn thing hunting, then found out dad has been letting someone else hunt up there, so much for having a few weeks of no human scent around a stand. It is best with archery to hunt a stand once ever few weeks, so if I had known, I would have hunted a different location even if it were from the ground.

I am just hoping everything isn't so spooked up come muzzleloader that the deer are still moving in the daytime where the kids can see some.
  2. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

Despite the full moon over the weekend, I filled my doe tag. 80 pounder, I grilled a backstrap for dinner last night. mmmmmmm
  3. ReaganEden

A/V Subscriber ReaganEden Cowboy

I took a friend to my place and I had a doe down at 7:15 AM opening morning; 82 lbs field dressed. Pretty good size for my place.

Took a nice mature 9 point, (not a wall hanger, but a great management buck to get off my place), Friday night but thought I'd mis-hit him a bit; I decided not to push it and left him till morning. Found him after about an hour, turns out it was a good shot. Coyotes had found him before I did.

My buddy also took a doe and shot one of my many large 8 points, hit him high and we never found him after looking for about 6 hours Saturday, bummer.
  4. tlyn44

tlyn44 Cowboy

Making my mouth water and almost makes me go shoot a doe! I'm trying to hold off killing a doe while I play hide and seek with the big boys! I have so many does out here it's just crazy! But good job on taking one! I can almost smell that backstrap grilling! :D