Orange Power Tailgate - TCU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
Where - Our spot on the South side of Ag Hall
When - Lot opens at 8:00 AM.
Who - Anybody/everybody.
Menu -Tacos

The game time is set for 2:30 PM. Bring your family and friends for a great day for those of us in orange.

We generally start serving the meal about 2 hours prior to kickoff.

If you are a TCU fan and are coming into town, come by and see us. I promise that you will be treated well.

Scholarship drive for 2019: Since the 2012 season, the generosity of people donating has allowed us to donate at least $1000 to OSU for scholarships after every season. The hope is that we can accomplish that goal again this year.

A couple notes:
  • While we aren't responsible for enforcing the no tobacco rules on campus, most people appreciate being smoke free. So if you wish to smoke, please move away from the tents to do so. We had a couple instances in prior years of people smoking under or right next to the tents. Not a good situation. Please respect those around you in their choice to be smoke free.
  • There is always some confusion on donations. There are two different items for donations: One is for the tailgate. This is done either to David Harrell or in the tailgate tip jar. This is primarily to cover the expenses of the tailgate, with all funds over the costs going to the scholarship fund which is documented above.. The second is at the Intoxicologist's vehicle. This helps him offset the cost of what he provides. I know this is confusing, and we wish it weren't for the best to keep these things separate, but there are a few reasons why we need to keep it like this. So continue to be as generous as you can.
David Harrell

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I optimistic going in, but if anything has been proven this year, is that anyone can beat anyone else any given Saturday. I know it's been said before and we've probably all repeated it at least once. But with the upsets this past weekend and us losing a game (or two) we should have won, I think it's been proven.

All these upsets have me encouraged that the 'eers may put the hurt on the 'ears this Saturday. Probably just wishful thinking.

Aug 16, 2019
Edmond, Oklahoma
David, I will be bringing a 12 pack of Pauliner direct from Munich, Germany. This is a tasty leftover from Octoberfest so first come first serve, just ask for Joe and I will have some tasty GERMAN Beer available. By the way just my two cents but David is a hell of a chef.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I optimistic going in, but if anything has been proven this year, is that anyone can beat anyone else any given Saturday. I know it's been said before and we've probably all repeated it at least once. But with the upsets this past weekend and us losing a game (or two) we should have won, I think it's been proven.

All these upsets have me encouraged that the 'eers may put the hurt on the 'ears this Saturday. Probably just wishful thinking.
Wrong thread. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

I know this is the wrong thread but FYI, they play Thursday night.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
After re-watching the ISU game last night, I feel a little better about our chances for the rest of the year, with the exception of Bedlam.

The game versus TCU will tell us whether or not our OC and DC have grown into their positions. Knowles had the better game of the two coordinators, but let's see if he can put two good games together.

The offense has to get Hubbard in space. Whether is putting him in motion or spreading him out behind the slot to take some pressure off of Sanders. We need to spread out the TCU defense and keep them guessing.

The TCU defense will be stacking guys up on the line to stop our regular Hubbard handoffs (pretty much like everyone else has been doing since the Texas game.
Patterson's D will be our biggest test to date.

Sanders is not making great decisions. Gleeson will have to get him rolling out to his strong side more so than his weakside. Sanders doesn't get his feet right and tries to be a Mahomes, which he isn't (at least not yet).

TCU took the fight to Ehlinger and they'll know that Sanders will make mistakes under pressure.
I believe we'll have to do a lot of misdirection, screens and pitchouts to Hubbard to get him into space.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
After re-watching the ISU game last night, I feel a little better about our chances for the rest of the year, with the exception of Bedlam.

The game versus TCU will tell us whether or not our OC and DC have grown into their positions. Knowles had the better game of the two coordinators, but let's see if he can put two good games together.

The offense has to get Hubbard in space. Whether is putting him in motion or spreading him out behind the slot to take some pressure off of Sanders. We need to spread out the TCU defense and keep them guessing.

The TCU defense will be stacking guys up on the line to stop our regular Hubbard handoffs (pretty much like everyone else has been doing since the Texas game.
Patterson's D will be our biggest test to date.

Sanders is not making great decisions. Gleeson will have to get him rolling out to his strong side more so than his weakside. Sanders doesn't get his feet right and tries to be a Mahomes, which he isn't (at least not yet).

TCU took the fight to Ehlinger and they'll know that Sanders will make mistakes under pressure.
I believe we'll have to do a lot of misdirection, screens and pitchouts to Hubbard to get him into space.
Does this mean you will be attending the OP tailgate, orrrrrr?????