OSU alums in NFL

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
An update on Mason Rudolph from the Associated Press...

LATROBE, Pa. — Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Mason Rudolph exudes confidence heading into his first NFL preseason game Thursday against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Rudolph admitted that jitters may be there as the Steelers prepare to face the defending Super Bowl champions in Philadelphia. But the Steelers' third-round pick has settled into a comfort zone two weeks into training camp.

"It's just football," Rudolph said. "I think everyone has a little bit of nerves because it's going to be the first one back. But just like your debut in college, you get out there, you make a completion and it starts flowing like football has always been."

Rudolph is in a fight for the backup quarterback spot behind Ben Roethlisberger. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Rudolph will see time under center against the Eagles, along with veteran Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs, the Steelers' fourth-round pick a year ago.

Tomlin is eager to see how Rudolph can direct the offense and maintain possession.

"Mason's done a really good job, but he hasn't been hit," Tomlin said. "Ball security is much more difficult in-stadium because a training camp environment is controlled in a lot of ways. You don't touch or get close to the quarterback, so a quarterback's ability to secure the football doesn't get tested until they play in-stadium preseason football."
Link

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I never realized all the NFL Talent Scouts that were members of ORANGE POWER.
"Mr. baokbob, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard, at no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Kevin Peterson is dealing with a knee issue following Thursday's preseason opening loss to the Ravens, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com reports.

Peterson suited up for six games with the Rams as a rookie including one start. He is looking to earn a role as a depth cornerback on the team's final roster, so it would be advantageous for him if he was not sidelined long