OSU at Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
OSU baseball should be competitive with any team in the country. Last year and this year it has not been the case against tech. Holliday getting out coached big time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2006
The only bright spots in that entire game was Lyons (minus a 4 pitch lead off walk) and Sifrit. Everyone else should run until they shut the lights off - including the coaches.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
One of the things I always appreciated about TH was his brutal honesty about his teams.

Unfortunately Josh does not appear to have that trait. In his post game comments he talked about how close the game was until the 7th inning. I know the score was only a 2 run deficit but I never felt there was any legitimate threat by OSU in overcoming that deficit. I felt that tech outplayed the Cowboys in every phase of the game and the head coach thought the game was close or competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
I hope he’s telling a different story to the team. There was little doubt at any point in the game who was going to win. They’ve lost 3 of the last 4 series and don’t seem to be changing much.

Oct 30, 2007
One of the things I always appreciated about TH was his brutal honesty about his teams.

Unfortunately Josh does not appear to have that trait. In his post game comments he talked about how close the game was until the 7th inning. I know the score was only a 2 run deficit but I never felt there was any legitimate threat by OSU in overcoming that deficit. I felt that tech outplayed the Cowboys in every phase of the game and the head coach thought the game was close or competitive.

Tech’s coach >>>>>>>>> JH not even close. 3 CWS with absolutely no built in advantages. Recruits to Lubbock! Develops players, etc.

At this time, I am confused on what our coaches do. Need to see something happen and the new facilities are not it. Think what Techs coach could do with that type of advantage.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It shouldn’t be news to people on here, but a lot just don’t follow college baseball closely. Tim Tadkock is easily a top 5 coach nationally. He’s the best in our conference and it’s not even close, IMO. And Tech has consistently invested in and taken care of the baseball program starting in the 90’s. They are one of the programs that Coach Ward talks about that opened his eyes as to how tough things were about to get for OSU joining the Big 12 and not investing in the program appropriately. Tech’s only weakness is that Tadlock allows his teams to approach certain weekends with a lack of interest (see our series in 2017). Since Lees left and Vilade was hired, Tech has kicked our butts in recruiting, and it’s showing.

Aug 1, 2008
He may as well. He put Gragg in there again in a situation that’s bigger than he could handle and once again the fans didn’t bring enough Ks to hang when we come to town. This is truly pathetic baseball we’re playing. Offense, defense and pitching all look subpar. I know Tech is a good team, but striking out 29 times and counting in 2 days is just inexcusable. Holliday needs to do some soul searching (and coaching searches).
I AGREE! Not sure Vilade has been the answer.

Aug 1, 2008
It shouldn’t be news to people on here, but a lot just don’t follow college baseball closely. Tim Tadkock is easily a top 5 coach nationally. He’s the best in our conference and it’s not even close, IMO. And Tech has consistently invested in and taken care of the baseball program starting in the 90’s. They are one of the programs that Coach Ward talks about that opened his eyes as to how tough things were about to get for OSU joining the Big 12 and not investing in the program appropriately. Tech’s only weakness is that Tadlock allows his teams to approach certain weekends with a lack of interest (see our series in 2017). Since Lees left and Vilade was hired, Tech has kicked our butts in recruiting, and it’s showing.
Agree that TT is good, but we should be able to match their play, and compete.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Agree that TT is good, but we should be able to match their play, and compete.
Friendly reminder they were 1 game above .500 in conference play coming into this weekend. So not sure we should say they are world beaters.

OSU should absolutely be competitive in this series and has not been

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Friendly reminder they were 1 game above .500 in conference play coming into this weekend. So not sure we should say they are world beaters.

OSU should absolutely be competitive in this series and has not been

Never said we shouldn’t be competitive. All I was commenting on was that it should be clear to all on here how good of a coach Tadlock is and that Tech has been putting in the effort to elevate their program for a long time.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
What Coach Tadlock does better than anyone in the conference is develope players. Look how many 90+ arms they've run out so far yet few were highly regarded recruits. Same with his hitters. Jung was a stud coming out of high school but the rest of the lineup, not so much. He can evaluate players projected potential, get them to campus and develope them. It starts with a culture he creates where the players completely buy in to him and the coaching staff.

And to another poster, yes, coaching had a lot to do with both of those losses and performance on the field whether it was directly or indirectly. Again, the offense is not Vilade's, it's Josh's with a little of Rob sprinkled in. The inability to recognize pitches falls on that.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan