1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU attendance

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by fosheezy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

Been to Stillwater lately?

And yes, I've been to Norman, and on gamedays, it is, in a word, a "clusterf--k".

That said, parking in both towns is no better than the other, and if you're talking about accessibility, I'd say Norman (especially since I-35 is finally cleaned up) is much easier to get to than Stillwater.

2. Title Town USA

Title Town USA Banned Banned

Duh? Quality of the product? Are you trying to say Cowboy football has sucked in the past? It is not a secret.

You doubt you will fill 60,000 seats but there is no reason you can't sell out soon?

The difference between twenty minutes and an hour is a big deal to people that you claim to be the most dedicated fans in America?

Duh is right!

To be frank mostly what I see on this site is a bunch of people that want to cut OU down for things that OSU has not been able to achieve. At the same claiming to be better than OU.

As crowded as it is in Norman on gamedays I was hoping to find some good sports in Stillwater while I'm in Oklahoma. I just don't think I will have fun around people that act like you guys.

I am still going to go to the OU/OSU football game but unless Stillwater is really special I think I am going to buy OU b-ball tickets. Unless someone can say that OSU b-ball fans are better than OSU football fans.

3. DrinkinKoolAid

DrinkinKoolAid Banned to Bedlam & Flame

look at the attendance numbers. they still had 70k and up at games during those years

4. OKState918

OKState918 Sheriff

And again, be a sport and remind us all where you went to school. I'd love to be able to put your arguments into some perspective, because obviously, your alma mater must truly be God's gift to collegiate athletics.

And the people in Norman are better?

You're telling me that, based on what you've seen on this site, you're saying Sooner fans are superior?

Give me a break. This is OSU's message board. How do you expect us to treat OU fans who come in and run their mouths like morons?

So, OSU football fans are influencing your decision to buy Sooner basketball tickets?

That makes sense :rolleyes:

5. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

Apparently you have not been to an OSU game recently. It's a 1 hour drive from OKC to Stillwater. Upon hitting the city limits, it can take 30-45 minutes to get to the stadium. Leaving is considerably worse, you can be stuck on
    6th street for an hour easy before even hitting the city limits and I-35 S is solid cars moving at anywhere from 5mph to 50mph. Now, the fan pool is smaller but the reason for this is a poor product, not always but pretty consistantly for some time.

6. OKState918

OKState918 Sheriff

Look, I went to OU games during the mid-90s. If you're telling me that OU had consistent crowds of 70,000+ in that era, then you're lying to yourself.

7. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

Tell you what title, if you think the fans in norman are better, do everyone in Stillwater a favor and stay there. Now, if by "sports" you meant better quality of multiple sports then Stillwater is the only destination in the state. We are currently 4th in NCs in the country. We just added Big 12 championships in cross country and ladies soccer last week. So, if by achieving you mean cheat to win, then by all means-uo football is better. You typify the term "bandwagon".

8. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

Wrong, they SOLD that many tickets, they damn sure didn't have that many attend. Big difference.

9. Sooners4life

Sooners4life Banned Banned

LOL i forgot oklahoma was a soccer and cross country state.

10. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

Kinda like Oklahoma is a gymnastics and ladies softball state. Right...LOL is right.

11. OrangeForever

Oh, come now S4L - just because your fat ass couldn't haul itself around a cross country course or up and down a soccer pitch doesn't mean that you have to hate them, does it?

12. Sooners4life

the big difference is ou was still selling out season tickets then, osu cant even do it when they are in the top 10

13. OrangeForever

Reading skills aren't your thing, are they?

Did you not see where both myself and others were able to walk up to the ticket counter minutes before kickoff and purchase tickets?

14. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

It took you tools years to sell out even after cheating to win MNCs, what makes you think we'll sell out the first year we are top 10? Pretty stupid but that's no surprise to anyone here.

15. Sooners4life

LOL just stop posting please, do you really think every seat in the stadium is a season ticket?

16. OrangeForever

No, but judging by your previous posts, you seem to think that every seat was filled. That simply isn't reality.

Silly Johnny... I think I hear a box of HoHos calling your name...

17. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

18. Sooners4life

once again do any of your fans have any common knowledge? when did i say the stadium was completely full?

19. Sooners4life

when did i make a reference of anything of the sort? oklahoma is a football state putting your overall nc's on here isn't going to do any good.

20. Sooners4life

i wasn't showing them hate this is a football forum if you want to talk about how good your soccer team is go there.