OSU Coaching changes thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Good hire. As usual we run with message board rumors and are wildly disappointed when they don’t happen. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2006
I like the experience Rattay brings in but do we have any idea how he can recruit. I tried to look up players he has recruited but was not successful.
An LT fan over on Reddit raved about him. Said he got a few QBs with P5 offers to come there. (Didn't say who)

Guy also said many expect Rattay to come back am be their HC after he gets more experience.

Not sure what any of that is worth but everything I'm hearing leads me to believe he will be great.

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
That kind of thing would be a first for Gundy I believe. He's rarely demoted someone period, let alone because some other coach was available. Fired or not retained? Gundy's done that a fair amount (to defensive coordinators and an oline coach), but not demoting that I can recall. Defo maybe?
Honestly who could we demote? I think all of our offensive coaches are doing good jobs.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Honestly who could we demote? I think all of our offensive coaches are doing good jobs.
No offense to Jason McEndoo, but we don’t need a coach for the “Cowboy Backs”. For that matter, why do we even call them that? All they do is block, just like anyone else on the team. They don’t carry the ball, catch any passes, or otherwise require any “special” coaching. It was a cool concept originally, but over time, Gundy’s essentially taken away any specialized duties from this unit. If they line up as TE’s, then Dunn or Dickey can coach them, if they line up as FB’s, Woz can coach them. That would free up about $300K, if I’m not mistaken.

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
No offense to Jason McEndoo, but we don’t need a coach for the “Cowboy Backs”. For that matter, why do we even call them that? All they do is block, just like anyone else on the team. They don’t carry the ball, catch any passes, or otherwise require any “special” coaching. It was a cool concept originally, but over time, Gundy’s essentially taken away any specialized duties from this unit. If they line up as TE’s, then Dunn or Dickey can coach them, if they line up as FB’s, Woz can coach them. That would free up about $300K, if I’m not mistaken.
Eh honestly I think that’s be kind disrespectful to Mcendoo. I think he’s a good coach. Ain’t his fault we never use our Cowboy Backs.

Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK
Despite the somewhat mediocre year of 2019, OSU was in top 25 in stadium attendance last year being at #22 with an average of being 96% of full capacity last year. Surprisingly enough, we are ahead of Texas. Just imagine what next year will bring with all this momentum coming in.
https://mobile.twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1215444323480821761?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I would be in favor if he was moved from coaching cowboy backs to coaching special teams. The lack of a designated special teams coach has really caused our special teams to be very poor!

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Eh honestly I think that’s be kind disrespectful to Mcendoo. I think he’s a good coach. Ain’t his fault we never use our Cowboy Backs.
I think you could credit the Cowboys back for spear heading a lot of Chuba’s 2000 rushing yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2004
Yukon, OK
www.evilface.com
Despite the somewhat mediocre year of 2019, OSU was in top 25 in stadium attendance last year being at #22 with an average of being 96% of full capacity last year. Surprisingly enough, we are ahead of Texas. Just imagine what next year will bring with all this momentum coming in.
https://mobile.twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1215444323480821761?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Good 'ol Husker fans filling up their stadium watching their team not reach another bowl game.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
That's cool that attendance didn't fall off, but we are a good way behind most of those programs in terms of actual numbers. Even if we pick a good year like 2017 it isn't pretty.
Screenshot_20200111-135640_Drive.jpg

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
My thoughts on coaching changes:
I have to admit, after the texas game I was leaning towards giving Knowles the boot. The second half of the season was much better. If that's a sign of things to come then I was dead wrong. If it was just a fluke then, well...

I'm happy we were able to keep Coach Dunn. The signing of Rattay to me sounds like a precursor to Dunn being announced as OC, which I am more than willing to try. Hopefully Gundy lets him do his thing. The Rattay hiring on it's own might be a decent get. Not that the skins were a QB clinic this season, but he's a fellow #faithful so I'm willing to give it a shot.

All in all I am ok with how this offseason has evolved. Just one more box to check (hopefully).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Browns hire the Vikings OC to be HC because they want to revamp and improve their offense. So maybe Monk becomes available and paid as well. Hmmmmmm

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Browns hire the Vikings OC to be HC because they want to revamp and improve their offense. So maybe Monk becomes available and paid as well. Hmmmmmm
Or, they like Monken and his experience running a Big 12 spread offense (with great success) and want to keep him around to work with their former Big 12 QB, along with a HC with more balls to let the OC run the show, unlike Kitchens.